DJI Phantom 2 Car Charger at 5$

I was excited till I saw Bang Good.
I bet they actually make the charger But why risk your 154 battery to be the test person.

av8inglife said:
AnselA said:
Jaybee said:
It will cost you far less than a DJI car charger...

How £26.99 + shipping costs is far less than $5 ??

because the $5 one is not a genuine DJI product

Does the genuinity have some effect on USD / GBP exchange rate?
BESTEK is clearly not a genuine DJI product.

av8inglife said:

On page http://www.banggood.com/DJI-Phantom-2-B ... 19494.html
is exactly same photo as on http://old.djiplus.com/dji-released-the ... phantom-2/
bhphotovideo.com does not have a photo.

None of these tell the output spex.

Banggood.com specified the product:

"DJI Phantom 2 Battery Car Charger DJI-PH2-P08

Description:
Brand Name: DJI"

Are you saying Banggood.com is lying about the brand?

It looks like its been completely removed from their website. Wonder if it was a typo, and everyone will be getting a refund?

Here's an email I just received.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your order on Banggood.com.

We are really sorry to tell you that the item SKU125543 is out of stock now,we are not sure when it will be back into stock,so would you like to change to another same valued item or a refund?

Looking forward to your soon reply.

Regards,

Kathy

So, it appears Banggood are nothing but liars for I doubt they are out of stock.

Me too, i told them i want to wait for the stock, they typo the price wrong, thats not my fault... I want the charger for the price i payed.

Same here...
it was clearly a price error..
They have listing of itens out of stock.... but this charger they have removed completely the listining..... so...or our friends here from DJI have saw we speaking about and contact them saying they would sue them because they were selling under DJI name..... or really a simple pricing error...

For $5, I wonder if this is just a fused pass through or that little box actually has something in it like a buck converter. Cars typically put out up to 14V when the alternator is charging.

I suppose this was a pricing error and now they're trying to get out of it, got the same "out of stock" email as the rest.

Out of stock email too me asked for full refund knew it was too good to be true

Even a direct pass through cord should work with this battery. My understanding is that any DC current from 12.6v (min. needed to fully charge)) to 14.0v (max voltage the internal regulator can handle) at any current is fine (that's why a normal lead-acid charger will work). The electronics in the front end of this "smart" battery have discrete connections to each Lipo cell and regulate the voltage, current to cells (regulated to 8.0A max), and automatically balance the cells. It is essentially a smart charger without a power supply built in to each battery. That's why any DC source from 12.6-14.0 volts will work.

That was what I was wonder was the max voltage of the internal regulator. Do we know it's 14V? I am sure 14V is probably just fine but good to know if it's spec'ed somewhere. If these are no longer available, you could make your own fused connector for about the same price.

I bought one of those multiple battery connectors from Ebay and the seller provided the information. It has turned out to be accurate from my measurements, although I have not tried exceeding 14.0 volts.

I don't think he is right.....He might have had a faulty battery or is speculating. In any case, that has not been my experience with these batteries. I have watched them regulate the current and voltage independently. That's why you can charge several at different levels in parallel (with one of those multi-connectors) using one voltage source. Something not adding up with what that guy was saying.....

Has anybody taken a DJI Phantom 2 Mains charger to bits and had a look at the charger circuit and done any test to check charge current and voltage during the charging of a battery from empty to full charge?

Also has anybody taken a Phantom 2 Battery to bits and had a look at the circuit inside?

My DJI mains charger says 12.6v at 4 amps. How stable is the charger under load, doe's the voltage fluctuate up and down with the different loads when charging?

I ordered a few of the leads just mainly for the Plugs to save time making ones up, so I can test the above with voltmeter and ammeter inline.

I'm hoping the battery does all the hard work and will be able to except up to 14v DC. Has anybody emailed DJI to ask the maximum voltage, probably will not get a response.

I'm sure I saw in one thread a third party was after making replacement batteries, cannot find at the moment. They should know much more about the battery/charger construction.

I also got the above email today, but have gone back to them saying I still wanted them. I ordered when only about 9 had been sold.

Rich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic