DJI Phantom 2 calibration

Ash

Reaction score
Hi Guys ....just a quickie

I hear that when moving to different location a calibration I need to flick the s switch and do the phantom dance, wait for the green flashing lights before flight. I notice that if I just power on my Phantom and leave it without the phantom dance I still get the green flashing so surely home position is locked.

So my question is: is there really any need to keep doing a homelock calibration when moving to different locations, sort of thinking that the switch flicking will wear it out eventually. Thanks guys

I think you may be getting confused with home lock and compass calibration

You really only need to do a compass calibration when you first want to fly, and then only again if you move a few miles from where you took your first flight.

Green flashing lights just mean you have GPS lock but doing the compass calibration makes sure that the phantom knows which way is North etc.

To do the calibration flick the s1 switch 6 times up and down and the lights will go solid yellow then do the first part of the dance until the lights go solid green then turn the nose down to the ground and dance again until the green lights start to flash.

Home lock is established when the lights flash green several times quickly and will (if your using a GPS phone) change dynamically as you move around, however Dynamic home point can be turned off in the app. But thinking a bit more about your post it may be that you mean you want to change your home point yourself, you do this by flicking the s1 switch 5 tiimes, however as i said if you use DHP that is no longer needed

dirkclod said:
just have to do 1 360 and get green and then take off .

So you dont point the nose down after the initial 360 ? i thought that a full calibration was a 2 stage thing, the first gets you solid lights and the 2nd gets you flashing green lights, then your good to go.? :?

PS is that one of those float devices strapped to your Phantom ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj