DJI Phantom 2 Assistant 1.08 Gimbal Config

Reaction score
Hello

I have the P2 with the Zenmuse gimbal. It works ok, except that I note that it is possible for the top of the Gopro to touch the top dampening plate if rotated too much left/right (doesn't happen in flight but it can in theory happen if you rotate the Phantom by hand to see how much travel it has). This led me to the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant software to see if it was possible to limit the travel.

I am baffled by the Advanced->Gimbal page, as basically it appears to do absolutely nothing. Specifically:
1) If the Gimbal switch is set to either ON or OFF ("Please choose on to enable the Gimbal"), the Gimbal still works (powers up and compensates), and the X1 Pitch lever on the transmitter works (rotates the cameras pitch).
2) Any adjustment I put in the Servo Travel Limit (which would appear to be exactly what I need to cure this hitting problem) does not appear to make any difference.

That aside, everything about my Phantom and the Gimbal appears to work perfectly and I get nice steady pictures, at least when it isn't bloody windy as has been for the last month.

Can anyone shed any light on the above, or indeed have seen the same behaviour ?

Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj