DJI Phantom 1.5 with 24 minutes of flight time 6600 battery

Reaction score
Just finished this video today even though I filmed it in November 2015. Figured out that a Turnigy Multistar 6600 mAh 14.8 V 10 C battery fits perfectly in the battery bay of a Phantom 2 shell. The rest of the components of my Phantom are that of a Phantom 1.1.1 with 9450 props. This battery gave me 24 minutes of flight time before being completely exhausted and causing my Phantom to have a hard landing in a tree.

I figure I could safely get about 20 minutes of flight time with this single battery. By the way, all NAZA settings are completely stock. I flew the Phantom aggressively as I could in this video to try and simulate real time flying conditions as I've always felt the battery tests where the Phantom just hovers doesn't really give you a good representation of what the flight time would be like.

Hope this helps you guys get a little more flight time out of your Phantom!! Enjoy!

that is not good to deplete your battery to that point, i hope you didn't ruin it

that is not good to deplete your battery to that point, i hope you didn't ruin it

No it's definitely not good. But I wanted to see exactly how long the battery will last. I plan on getting another one once I figure out how long I can safely fly this big of a battery without problems since I fly over water a lot. I would rather ruin a battery than lose the Phantom in the drink.

I wish!! Need to save up some cash to make that happen. In the meantime, I'll stick with my P1.5 since it does everything I need it to.
Just keep her out of the drink then! :cool:
If she goes in anyway, it's a sign from above to upgrade! :p

Reactions: h2oslider
What size screw did you use for the led indicator frosted plastic piece ? I converted to the phantom 2 shell to but just got lazy and left the led inside but am now wanting to get it attached to where I can see the indicatons now that nice weather is approaching. Nice video demonstration

What size screw did you use for the led indicator frosted plastic piece ? I converted to the phantom 2 shell to but just got lazy and left the led inside but am now wanting to get it attached to where I can see the indicatons now that nice weather is approaching. Nice video demonstration

I did the conversion a long time ago, but I think i just used the original screws. I may have had to drill new holes for the LED but I'm pretty sure I used the original screws from the Phantom 1 for the frosted dome.

Just finished this video today even though I filmed it in November 2015. Figured out that a Turnigy Multistar 6600 mAh 14.8 V 10 C battery fits perfectly in the battery bay of a Phantom 2 shell. The rest of the components of my Phantom are that of a Phantom 1.1.1 with 9450 props. This battery gave me 24 minutes of flight time before being completely exhausted and causing my Phantom to have a hard landing in a tree.

I figure I could safely get about 20 minutes of flight time with this single battery. By the way, all NAZA settings are completely stock. I flew the Phantom aggressively as I could in this video to try and simulate real time flying conditions as I've always felt the battery tests where the Phantom just hovers doesn't really give you a good representation of what the flight time would be like.

Hope this helps you guys get a little more flight time out of your Phantom!! Enjoy!

Hi h2oslider, thanks for your info on the battery upgrade. Could you please keep us up to date on how the P1 electrics cope with the voltage increase. What is your total flying weight and how does it respond to the sticks. I have modified my P1 to take the 5200mAh battery and with a Ricoh GR11 camera,all up weight is 1300gms. It is slow to respond to the sticks and then accelerates making it quite a handful.

Hi h2oslider, thanks for your info on the battery upgrade. Could you please keep us up to date on how the P1 electrics cope with the voltage increase. What is your total flying weight and how does it respond to the sticks. I have modified my P1 to take the 5200mAh battery and with a Ricoh GR11 camera,all up weight is 1300gms. It is slow to respond to the sticks and then accelerates making it quite a handful.

The electronics seem to be holding up pretty nicely so far. Nothing weird or out of the ordinary. It runs just like it is supposed to. I have been playing with the NAZA settings and there is an actual setting in the app for a 4S battery which I tried out yesterday. My flight time was shortened down to 13 minutes before the flashing red light came on but it still hovered for another 7 minutes before auto land kicked in. I merely left it hovering above the ground for a few feet because I wanted to see how long it took to drop out of the sky like it did last time in the video after the red light came on. It was also fighting a 15 to 20 mph crosswind in hover too.

Now this shortened flight time is with the same battery I used in the video test and I'm not sure how badly I have damaged it (I have yet to get a battery tester) but I'm hoping a newer battery with slight changes to the NAZA battery settings will get me back to 20 min on the 4S setting. When I flew it with the 3S setting, the Phantom would drop out of the sky with little warning once the red light came on (or I just never noticed how long the light had been on).

As for weight, the craft with 6600 mAh 4S battery, Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, GoPro Hero 3 and the flyweight transmitter all comes in at 1.54 kg or for my US counterparts about 3.4 lbs. It does fly a little heavier but it's not anything that has caused major problems for me since I've learned to adjust to the new weight when flying. I am also more careful when descending since I know it will take a little longer to stop that descent due to the increased weight.

Hope this helps!

The electronics seem to be holding up pretty nicely so far. Nothing weird or out of the ordinary. It runs just like it is supposed to. I have been playing with the NAZA settings and there is an actual setting in the app for a 4S battery which I tried out yesterday. My flight time was shortened down to 13 minutes before the flashing red light came on but it still hovered for another 7 minutes before auto land kicked in. I merely left it hovering above the ground for a few feet because I wanted to see how long it took to drop out of the sky like it did last time in the video after the red light came on. It was also fighting a 15 to 20 mph crosswind in hover too.

Now this shortened flight time is with the same battery I used in the video test and I'm not sure how badly I have damaged it (I have yet to get a battery tester) but I'm hoping a newer battery with slight changes to the NAZA battery settings will get me back to 20 min on the 4S setting. When I flew it with the 3S setting, the Phantom would drop out of the sky with little warning once the red light came on (or I just never noticed how long the light had been on).

As for weight, the craft with 6600 mAh 4S battery, Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, GoPro Hero 3 and the flyweight transmitter all comes in at 1.54 kg or for my US counterparts about 3.4 lbs. It does fly a little heavier but it's not anything that has caused major problems for me since I've learned to adjust to the new weight when flying. I am also more careful when descending since I know it will take a little longer to stop that descent due to the increased weight.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the update,I am getting about 10 minutes before the red light starts flashing and it does descend more rapidly now with the extra weight of the new camera.I hope to upgrade to the P2 body in the future so I am very interested to hear of your experiences.

I thought only 3s t00. Let me know how that works out cause I would love to try out a 4s pack

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Try floureon 3s 5500 packs I have 2 and they work great inside the p2 shell. 18-20 minutes with hero4 and walkera g-2d gimbal flying not hovering in one spot.

On my phantom 1.1.1 with a garmin cam a sony cam fpv with tx, inside the shell a dji iosd and pmuv2, with 2. Multistar batteries strapped on, and 9450 thrust boosted dji props i am getting around 22 min flight time.

No not yet, i am currently looking at getting a pair of multistar 5200 mah batteries from hobbyking, on sale but out of stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20