DJI-Phantom – Carry Case from Maplin’s for £49

Reaction score
Found this superb “Peli” style carry case that fits a complete Phantom with the Vision props fitted!!, legs and Go-Pro with Gimbal all attached , TX with phone caddy, GroundStation and spare Props/Lipos – ALL Fit perfectly..and the Best bit it only costs £49.99 at Maplins with Free Delivery!!! – A bargain as the alternatives are £120+ – You would also fit a Phantom “Vision” in here if you had one.

Attachments

• Phantom-Box-020-800x533.jpg
    Phantom-Box-020-800x533.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 917
  • Phantom-Box-Close-800x533.jpg
    Phantom-Box-Close-800x533.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 945
Nice find.

I have fitted slightly taller legs to mine so I need to find a case with an internal depth of 22cm.

Looks real good. Wish it was a little larger thou, as I use prop guards all the time, and not wanting to faff about fitting and unfitting them.

Mine is 190mm floor to the tip of the prop hub tall...FYI uses the extended std legs so I can fit the H3-3D gimbal, even though the spec says 186mm mine fits just fine., with room to spare

Gonna get one I think. Is it weatherproof and do u have to lasercut or can I just cut a rough outline with a stanley

Its fully waterproof, even has the "Pressure Vent" on the front under the handle too...like a "Peli Case" the foam is cubed for you to manually remove however you require, I used the top foam in the bottom as well...to make the foam nice n deep.

Checked it today **** its large. I want to take the phantom abroad will probably get some downright dodgy looks at the airport lol well priced case though

I like this case. Bought one the other day. But three things.
1) You can cut out the foam by pressing down on the THING your putting in it to get the shape, which is great. But when taking the Phantom or bits out you can pull
out foam blocks that you want to keep in position. So when I find my hot glue gun I intend to glue the side blocks all togeather so that the items are held in a 'sock'.
2) I won't have the Phantom in the box with the props mounted. Because unless you make cut outs for them they are going to end up Bent. So I dismount my prop for now.
3) When the box is closed there is pressure placed on the motor threads/spindles. Which is no good for the motors, especially if your using the box to travel by air, as
your Phantom could be the bottom of a pile of suit cases. So my fix for that is to print protecion pillars, to stop weight going on the motors and arms.

Wish it was 2 or 3 cm taller, but otherwise a good case.

I will be printing protection pillars for my case. If any one else would like some please msg me...
Kim

I dont have any of these issues, below- you not taken all the foam - mine fits great - you see...

-------------------------------------------
2) I won't have the Phantom in the box with the props mounted. Because unless you make cut outs for them they are going to end up Bent. So I dismount my prop for now.
3) When the box is closed there is pressure placed on the motor threads/spindles. Which is no good for the motors, especially if your using the box to travel by air, as
-------------------------------------------

Attachments

• WP_20140719_005.jpg
    WP_20140719_005.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 648
  • WP_20140719_004.jpg
    WP_20140719_004.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 645
Brammo said:
Has anyone tried a vision plus in this?

I think a bit of DIY would be required for the V2+ gimbal to be protected. There's nothing to hold the base of the gimbal in place so the only thing stopping the whole assembly moving around would be the rubber stoppers of the drop kit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers