DJI P3 with added payloads? Advice?

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know someone on here will have some advice and words of wisdom for me ha.

So Im wanting to strap a mobile phone to the front of my P3 Pro haha. There I said it lol. I cant go into too much detail as its under NDA but the basics are using an android phone that uses its camera to track its front facing surroundings. I have access to heavy lift Uavs but the P3 is perfect with its intelligent modes. I was toying with putting it on my old P2 but again id quite like the the P3 intelligent modes.

The question I guess is how to mount? Ideally needs to be forward facing and clear of the camera And at 170g what sort of flight reduction times I should be looking at?

As always any input appreciated :D

I'm doing some research on thermo imaging setups and just happened to run across several video a few days ago on youtube where people were putting their phones on the front of the P3. They were set so the camera could be used as normal, or tilt down a little for the thermo phone.

I can't remember there being anything in the GO app for adding payload. It use to be in the P2V's app but...?

Reactions: jimmybonsaville
I'm doing some research on thermo imaging setups and just happened to run across several video a few days ago on youtube where people were putting their phones on the front of the P3. They were set so the camera could be used as normal, or tilt down a little for the thermo phone.

I can't remember there being anything in the GO app for adding payload. It use to be in the P2V's app but...?

Ill have to have a looksy. My old P2 is Zenmuse not Vision. Ahhh I did think about mounting the Seek Thermal on the P2 when it came out but never got round to it. This project im working on is similar but will be for cheap object avoidance and mapping. Its not so secret and its a Google API but I cant mention the name as such ha

....... and at 170g what sort of flight reduction times I should be looking at?

As always any input appreciated :D

As the added weight is 170 gms which is 170/1280 = 13.2% of stock weight. As a thumb, you should expect a reduction of 20*13.2% = 2.6 minutes minimum. Be happy if you get about 17 minutes under similar flying conditions as before.

Reactions: jimmybonsaville
As the added weight is 170 gms which is 170/1280 = 13.2% of stock weight. As a thumb, you should expect a reduction of 20*13.2% = 2.6 minutes minimum. Be happy if you get about 17 minutes under similar flying conditions as before.

Thanks for this! A very in depth calculation. Not as bad as I'd originally thought! I was thinking a good 7 mins or so. I always land at 30% so when that hits I'll see how long it stays up.

Now just to figure out a mount.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik