DJI P3 Pro repaired

Reaction score
Yesterday I got back my P3 Pro from DJI service California. Total time was 3 weeks to the day out and back. My P3 crashed from 160 feet 1 minute into the flight back in early November. The damage was major shell cracked boards in copter broken camera broken off gimbal was crushed. I brought it to a local guy that told me I should send it to DJI due to the amount of damage that it had received. With all the horror stories that I've read I thought it would be a waste of time. But after thinking it over I knew the crash was no fault of mine. I follow a check list before every flight and this was my 160th flight. Well I was extremely please to see that DJI replaced my P3 free of charge under warranty.
Thank you DJI for stepping up and covering me with a new quad I am back flying.

Great you got replacement warranty coverage - however it would also be great also to find out what happened as to the crash! I work using RCFA (root cause failure analysis) on rotating equipment as part of my job. Replacing anything that has failed is the easy part - understanding the reason for the initial failure is crucial information for avoiding future faults (cause and effect) - we know the effect now for the "cause". Thanks.

Wow... That story is just like my own. I'm getting mine back today. I too was skeptical. But they did it free of charge which was nice. However I lost the camera and gimbal in my crash on the roof. But the drone fell to the ground. That's what I sent back to them.

I'm hoping they send me a new battery also.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree wish I knew the cause of the crash. I believe that mine was a battery failure I pay a lot more attention to only fly with 100% on the battery. Also make I sure I cycle them more often.

Me too! Crazy we have the same story. Mine was like the battery shut off. Which is what I believe happened. The battery is still on the roof with camera and gimbal

How did they ship your drone back? With a battery?

Same story here exactly. About 160 flights, crash 1 min into flight soon after 1.5.0030 fw upgrade - sudden loss of power. 3 weeks to repair, all free including postage both ways. Will have it Monday - hope it's really fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgoz
Me too! Crazy we have the same story. Mine was like the battery shut off. Which is what I believe happened. The battery is still on the roof with camera and gimbal

If I climb up there can I have them

I had my P3P remote repaired for free as well. It appears they sent me a new remote, as the remote had plastic wrap on the top and on the device holder. The antenna broke at the base of the remote after storing it in the DJI hard shell back pack. I think the strap may have been in the way, not sure though. Turn around was about 3 weeks.

Same story here exactly. About 160 flights, crash 1 min into flight soon after 1.5.0030 fw upgrade - sudden loss of power. 3 weeks to repair, all free including postage both ways. Will have it Monday - hope it's really fixed.

Following up on this post: My P3P was returned with new motors (used to have the original ones), a new shell, new camera/gimbal and I've flown now about 10 times and it works great. It's running the latest 1.6 firmware which is ok and performance seems to be about the same as before. I haven't done a serious distance test but did fly to a bit over 3 miles with no problem.

I'm very happy with DJI's customer service in this case. They took responsibility for the crash as they should and gave me a basically new P3P in just 3 weeks. Go DJI!

Good for you Airgoz. I see quite a few crashes are within the 1st minute of flight. I am beginning to think that just hovering around for the 1st minute
might be a good rule to follow.

Are you sure they just didn't replace yours with a new P3P? Seems odd they would choose to replace shell, motors, gimbal, camera etc rather than just give you a brand new one.

They gave me mine rebuilt I think, but who knows. It was good like new

Good for you Airgoz. I see quite a few crashes are within the 1st minute of flight. I am beginning to think that just hovering around for the 1st minute
might be a good rule to follow.
Yes, I was thinking the same... these stories are scary, it seems we need to wait 1 minute before leaving for a long trip... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan