DJi P3 Battery Prices Keep Dropping

Reaction score
Of course, I held off ordering a battery until they were down to $125 again on Amazon so it only makes sense they'd drop a few more dollars a day after I ordered one.
I hope I don't have similar regret after having ordered the P3P yesterday when I saw the price drop under $900...I suspect the price will continue to slide but then that is always the case with technology.

Wait whats this? I can bring the ad on my phone to best buy and price match? **** wish i known this 2 days ago i just paif 159 cause i wanted it now..lol could of saved 30 bucks. but will do that for battery 3,4 and 5 but what do i need to do? just show the current price on amazon to the cashier, of course i will need a manager to actually do the override but am i on the right direction.

Thanks

GUYS @mikecorn1 got one of these batts and now it has turned out to be a very well-made, almost identical replica. I would recommend not buying one until his issue is sorted (though price-matching at Best Buy seems like a valid option).

Prices will dip but be careful about duplicates.

Reactions: Airgoz
Wait whats this? I can bring the ad on my phone to best buy and price match? **** wish i known this 2 days ago i just paif 159 cause i wanted it now..lol could of saved 30 bucks. but will do that for battery 3,4 and 5 but what do i need to do? just show the current price on amazon to the cashier, of course i will need a manager to actually do the override but am i on the right direction.

Thanks

Yes. The Amazon price match has to be "sold by Amazon" and not a 3rd party from Amazon's website. But I usually check B&H as well so I used that price match today.

You can take your receipt back to Best Buy and show them the B&H price. They will refund you the difference. I think you only have 14 days to do that price match though. It works the same if Best Buy puts an item on sale and you bought it the day before. I got $50 back from BB as they put the iPad Mini 4 on sale the next day. So they took $50 off to price match B&H for the Mini 4 then two days later another $50 as they put them on sale for even lower. Saved $100 in 3 days.

I am in the process of returning a battery that clearly says Compatible with PH3 on it. No where on it does it say Phantom like the original ones do. The kicker is that in the description, look at this
ec3ac5e020f8d0327d7a1cb5da4be479.jpg

I have a thread up with pics of the difference in batteries, the boxes they came in and paperwork inside. Don't know how to link it here. Will try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go with the ones that say authentic DJI batteries like this one

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 2.14.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 2.14.02 PM.png
    421.7 KB · Views: 591
I just returned my "by DJI" $122 battery to Amazon. It says right on it: Made by Dongguan Amperex Limited.

They may be fine batteries but I'm not gambling with that much money (or my bird). I've got one coming from B&H.

S

I just returned my "by DJI" $122 battery to Amazon. It says right on it: Made by Dongguan Amperex Limited.

They may be fine batteries but I'm not gambling with that much money (or my bird). I've got one coming from B&H.

S
Someone has to make the batteries and it could be Dongguan Amperex. What quite often happens is these things can subcontracted out and the sub simply keeps producing more than the contract called for. Then there are of course those who simply attempt to copy but don't always do it quite as well. If you had opened up a "real" one and that one, you might have found them to be the same thing. But since you paid the price for a "real" one, no since in having a duplicate or clone.

Someone has to make the batteries and it could be Dongguan Amperex. What quite often happens is these things can subcontracted out and the sub simply keeps producing more than the contract called for. Then there are of course those who simply attempt to copy but don't always do it quite as well. If you had opened up a "real" one and that one, you might have found them to be the same thing. But since you paid the price for a "real" one, no since in having a duplicate or clone.

I get that. Somebody has to make them. But if GM has somebody crank out their OEM water pump, they'll be stamped GMC.

The real one –the one that came with my P3A– doesn't say "Amperex."

S

I was at the battery store where I used to live. An Interstate regional center. There were pallet after pallet of batteries sitting there with no labeling on them. Sitting on the table were a pile of battery stickers. Some said Toyota, some said Ford, etc. When the local Chevrolet dealer wanted some batteries, they put the Delco stick on them and sent them over.

Look under the hood of your car and I bet you there are many, many parts that don't have the mfg's name on them. Might have been made for that specific brand, but not everything gets the mfg name or logo put on it.

With the batteries from China, same diff. They can easily screen print on whatever name they want. I think the batteries have a high tech, low volume balance that doesn't make cloning real feasible so it is the type of product that would make more sense to get the sub to just make more.

I get that. Somebody has to make them. But if GM has somebody crank out their OEM water pump, they'll be stamped GMC.

The real one –the one that came with my P3A– doesn't say "Amperex."

S
Have a look at the new P4 battery. Says dongguan amperex [emoji15]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456894081.702534.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair