DJI only honoring their Phantom 4 warranty if purchasing from dealer (starting 7/18/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Per an email from DJI, they are now only honoring their Phantom 4 warranty if you buy your Phantom from an authorized DJI dealer. This goes into effect starting today (8/1/2016).
To provide you with ever better service, DJI will now only provide warranty services for products purchased from Authorized Resellers. Products purchased from unauthorized Resellers are not subject to warranty services. This rule takes effect today. Customers who have already bought DJI products will not be affected.

Before buying a DJI product, visit the official DJI website to find an authorized DJI dealer where you can make your purchase.

When applying for a warranty service, the sales invoice of the product requiring warranty repair must be provided.

Here are some key points from DJI's warranty:
  • This only affects US customers
  • This applies to DJI products purchased after July 18th, 2016
If you're looking to buy a Phantom in the US, you should purchase directly from DJI or from an authorized DJI dealer. I keep an updated list of sellers on Amazon who are authorized DJI dealers here. You can also find a list of authorized DJI dealers here on DJI's website.

Last edited:
There are some notable absences from the approved list of online dealers. Amazon itself, B&H, for example.

And hence the question becomes, are they an oversight or omission, or are they the reason?

B&H is definitely an authorized DJI dealer. I've never seen Amazon on a list of authorized dealers.

I suspect Amazon is just a fulfiller of dealers who are on the DJI warranty list. I see this when I entered Phantom 4: "Sold by Woot and Fulfilled by Amazon." Woot is on the list along with the "30-Day Money Back Guaranteed" part where some others do not have a 30 day. My local hobby shop has a zero refund or exchange policy and the owner stamps that all receipts and will respond with a "Take it up with the manufacturer if you have a problem."

B&H Photo isn't on the list. Wonder if they are doing the 'Gray Import' thing with them and circumventing the USA distributor or an omission?

As to their list omissions, I don't see Best Buy on the list either although they are all over their DJI Retailer map list. I've taken 2 back on exchanges with no problem to BB. Target is another on their map as well. Samy's Camera in Los Angeles is also a dealer who is not on their list, and they have a large drone dept.

Dunno, but their list seems very odd against their map of dealers.

Mack

I suspect Amazon is just a fulfiller of dealers who are on the DJI warranty list. I see this when I entered Phantom 4: "Sold by Woot and Fulfilled by Amazon." Woot is on the list along with the "30-Day Money Back Guaranteed" part where some others do not have a 30 day. My local hobby shop has a zero refund or exchange policy and the owner stamps that all receipts and will respond with a "Take it up with the manufacturer if you have a problem."

B&H Photo isn't on the list. Wonder if they are doing the 'Gray Import' thing with them and circumventing the USA distributor or an omission?

As to their list omissions, I don't see Best Buy on the list either although they are all over their DJI Retailer map list. I've taken 2 back on exchanges with no problem to BB. Target is another on their map as well. Samy's Camera in Los Angeles is also a dealer who is not on their list, and they have a large drone dept.

Dunno, but their list seems very odd against their map of dealers.

Mack

Best Buy is on the list.

I suspect Amazon is just a fulfiller of dealers who are on the DJI warranty list.
While Amazon does fulfill a lot of Phantom orders for other sellers, they also sell Phantoms directly.

I couldn't find Apple on the list either

Apple is on the list too.
you are right, I did just look again from my computer and Apple is on the list of online retailers (didn't load on my iPhone) but isn't listed when you search by continent and then country and finally state (at least not listed in Utah) and we have plenty of brick and mortar apple stores here in Utah.

Yes - I should have been clearer - I was wondering why B&H might have been omitted.
I can see them on the list when viewing it from my iPhone.

Best Buy isn't on this one the OP posted as a link: Buy A DJI Phantom - Phantom Help

His list is wrong against what the DJI map shows. B&H Photo is on their New York map as is Best Buy, etc. for retailers.
Best Buy and B&H do not sell Phantoms on Amazon. They are both authorized DJI dealers though.

Please do not post duplicate topics.
Thread closed. Please comment further here - DJI only honoring their Phantom 3 warranty if purchasing from dealer (starting 7/18/2016)

duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20