DJI online help - farking useless and a complete waste of my time

Reaction score
Long story short..my Sandisk Extreme 64GB card that came with my P3P is corrupting my photos and videos. Reformatting won't fix the problem. Using a computer to reformat the card and do a simple file transfer to the card also results in corrupted data. The card has gone bad. They (DJI) are telling me to return the card back to Staples Canada for exchange or buy a new card. Problem is that Staples policy is they only take defective returns up to 30 days after purchase and then I have to go to the manufacturer. What a cluster***. Staples Canada is an authorized reseller.

11:01:33
Thank you for contacting DJI North America. How can I help you?

11:03:07
The Sandisk Extreme 64GB card that came with my Phantom 3 Pro is corrupting my images. I have tried reformatting the card in-camera and on my computer without success. If I format it on my computer (Mac or PC) and try copying files to it I continue to get errors and corruption.

11:05:45
I understand. Let me see what I can do to help.

What error messahe are you getting?

there are no error messages

11:20:42
i take pictures and they are corrupted on the card when I try to view them either via the app or removing the card to the computer. same for videos as well.

11:22:18
sometimes in the app when previewing pictures I can see the first little bit of the pic., like the top half of the thumbnail and the bottom is blank.

Can you try to reformat the sd card in the app

In DJI Go App, kindly go to Camera View. On the right side you'll see MENU, click that and tap the wretch icon then scroll down and tap format SD Card.

And if it gives you an error

already done. I said as much in my first text to you.

many times

already did that. No error messages. its says it is formatted but still the same problem

11:23:59
and even if i take the card to a computer and format it I have the same data corruption problem on the computer when trying to copy files to the card.

the card is bad

11:25:34
Try to use a different SD Card. The Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

11:26:41
yes, I know this. I do not have an extra card and the one that has gone bad (from DJI with my kit) is very expensive to buy

11:37:04
I understand. Did you purhcase it directly from DJI Store?

No, from Staples Canada on Jan 2 this year.

11:42:15
we're coming up on 40 minutes here. my lunch hour is almost over.

11:43:43
You will need to contact them with regards the SD Card or purhcase a new one

11:48:18
I'm on the phone with them and they are telling me 30 days it is direct to the manufacturer

11:49:32
they only offer exchanges on defective products for 30 days. they are one of your official resellers in canada

11:51:24
hello???

I know it's the principal but cut your losses and buy a new card so you can vid/shoot. They're £12 here in Blighty - prob $ for £ over there. Then contact Sandisk and give them a hard time. They prob have a lifetime limited warranty?

Just checked... I paid £10 for an Integral 64GB Ultima Pro Micro Class 10 - 90MB/s last week...
Ok, I'm finding them online in Vancouver for around $19-20 for the Class 10 UHS-1 cards. Guess I'll order one up (the small town I live in sucks for deals) and send DJI a big "FU" email....you know...just to make me feel better. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ok, I'm finding them online in Vancouver for around $19-20 for the Class 10 UHS-1 cards. Guess I'll order one up (the small town I live in sucks for deals) and send DJI a big "FU" email....you know...just to make me feel better. Thanks for the suggestion!
Don't let Sandisk away with it though Clipper... Make a claim matey....

Your P3P came with a 64gb card?

Slightly off the track : Did this card ever work? How long did it work? When did you notice this problem? Was card taken out when the P3 was still on?

I had the exact same issue with a 64GB Kingston Class 6 micro SDHC. It formatted and then then stopped working, wouldn't display any content nor format on any platform - in short a dud... Amazon replaced the following day.

Slightly off the track : Did this card ever work? How long did it work? When did you notice this problem? Was card taken out when the P3 was still on?
Never removed when the power was on. I think I've had the problem for over 2 months and have only recently noticed it getting worse. I've only done 10 flights on this P3P since Jan 2 (hey, I've been busy!). About 2 months ago after a flight I noticed that a bunch of photos I had taken weren't even on the card but wrote it off to me snapping so many I figured the buffer must have been going crazy. However recently it's been happening every flight since. So as an experiment I reformatted the card on the bench, took a photo and right away when I went to preview it in the app the thumbnail looks corrupted...just the top half of the thumbnail had data and the bottom half was blank. Formatting on the computer and transferring files over also results in corrupted data. I even did a FULL format yesterday on the PC, which took almost 10 hours!!, and still the same problem.

A lesson to us that keep a good card in a safe location to use only for SW updates. We can't afford to brick our valuables.

Even more off topic but is there a way to re-force a firmware upgrade? This certainly accounts for why it took me 6 attempts to get the last update to work!
Yes If Im not satisfied with the installation, my first step would be to downgrade followed by Upgrade back to original. I will ensure that I download FW updates freshly from DJI site, will never rely any other site/ location. Its just me and I suggest the same to others. If people still don't agree, i enforce by saying I got 41 years on industrial experience :) after doing my Masters in Engineering.

Clipper99, if you need a firmware version not listed on DJI's website, you can find the download link here.

Yes If Im not satisfied with the installation, my first step would be to downgrade followed by Upgrade back to original. I will ensure that I download FW updates freshly from DJI site, will never rely any other site/ location. Its just me and I suggest the same to others. If people still don't agree, i enforce by saying I got 41 years on industrial experience :) after doing my Masters in Engineering.

So just grabbing the version before my current version from DJI and the unit will upgrade (downgrade)? Weird but I get what you're saying. Then re-apply the latest, which I have but was installed from my wonky card.

cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub