DJI ON-STAR* Function

Reaction score
Was wondering since DJI has your serial number for your Phantom on the assistant software when you plug it in if your unit had a fly away or was stolen can you report it to them so if who ever else ended up with it DJI should know when they go into the software and inform you or just have it not work at all for them? Not sure if this has been a topic before but it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to do even if I had to pay a protection fee to do that I would! It would be cool if they could find away to track your unit for you through the GPS and bring it up on google earth or something to show you where it is if it takes off! I mean I know you can buy something like that to install yourself but I'd think DJI could expand their options into making money off a ON*STAR type of function!

As long as you're willing to pay the monthly/yearly fee. The fee might be a bit high for DJI to establish the infrastructure. Of course they could subcontract it to an established vender. OnStar is for vehicles, which have a bit more useful life and initial investment cost than a model aircraft. Not sure of OnStar, but service fee for some remote start/GPS car systems is $100 per year or less.

Buk said:
As long as you're willing to pay the monthly/yearly fee. The fee might be a bit high for DJI to establish the infrastructure. Of course they could subcontract it to an established vender. OnStar is for vehicles, which have a bit more useful life and initial investment cost than a model aircraft. Not sure of OnStar, but service fee for some remote start/GPS car systems is $100 per year or less.
I'm not saying that OnStar or to use a GPS tracker meant for a car, I know there are gps trackers out there for like finding a kid or lost pet "not sure of range on those. I guess I was getting at how cool it would be if DJI or any other manufacturer had that option! Drones are becoming very popular now a days and they say in a few more years the sky will be full of them and by the year 2015 the FAA wants to have it to where people would have to own some sort of pilots license to fly them!! So I'm seeing that option in the future any way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj