DJI offers insurance for Phantom 3 and Inspire Drones

Makes as much sense as State Farm building cars.............

I saw it on DJI's website but it was very pricey! I got my accident insurance for only $150 for 1 yr and it covers $1000 of acidental damage with a $150/ deductable. I bought it from Drone Nerds at the time of my purchase. You can inquire directly with them here. Consumer Priority Service

Are you sure? I thought you could shoot a verification video showing the drone works and is fine and submit that.

I tried to understand what the coverage is exactly, here are a few things I found out so far.

-what exactly is: "Large Coverage Amount with Unlimited Repairs"
It is the actual price of the Phantom. In case of the P3S that is 599 Euro

So let´s say you make a hard landing what bends the gimbal, cracks the shell and makes your main board act up.

A gimbal / camera replacement is 350 Euro, the main board is 258 Euro, shell (top and bottom) 58 Euro labor not included. These parts alone would make it more than a total loss
Your would get a new drone if more than 2 months or coverage is left and you have not used the care before.
Your coverage would be used up.

-Is Spain part of the DJI Care coverage area ? Yes, it is.
-Is Stock RC (Spain) a DJI Care facility? (it is an official DJI repair center)
StockRc.com is not DJI care facility, customer need return it back to the repair center in China.

So you pay roughly a quarter of the new Phantom price for one year coverage.
If you want China care that is 159 Euro
In case you want a second battery that is 150 Euro
makes together good 309 Euro
for 290 Euro more you get a complete P3S with controller and charger (without battery) and can swap instantly anything that is broken or can cross check if something is acting up.

just a thought.

I see your point.

Trust me when I say, companies don't roll out a program like this unless they can make money off of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl