DJI offering extended service plan

Reaction score
Seems like a con to me, too many exceptions.
Paying for warranty ?

€219 for an advanced and does not cover remote or batteries

p3a-us-1y_06.jpg
p3a-us-1y_07.jpg

Reactions: Lonewolf
You're not paying for a warranty, you already have that. You're paying for insurance if you crash it into a tree. Very different.

You're not paying for a warranty, you already have that. You're paying for insurance if you crash it into a tree. Very different.
What you have is a limited warranty when you first purchased your Phantom. Not a lifetime. This more like a _Limited Extended Warranty._ And IMO, the limited warranty you originally received when you first purchased seems a lot better than this one.

It doesn't really say when it can be bought? Does it have to be purchased at the time of P3 purchase? Does it provide coverage outside of the 6 month and 1 year warranties the various P3 components provide?

It's all pretty confusing and feels like once again DJi is trying to mimic Apple (Apple Care) but the big differerence is they fail on the details and execution.

Squeezing? Did something get lost in translation? Are people that enamored of their Phantoms?

I wonder what would happen if they think your firmware is not the latest ?

It doesn't really say when it can be bought? Does it have to be purchased at the time of P3 purchase? Does it provide coverage outside of the 6 month and 1 year warranties the various P3 components provide?

It's all pretty confusing and feels like once again DJi is trying to mimic Apple (Apple Care) but the big differerence is they fail on the details and execution.

It can be purchased at the time or with special validated code afterwards.

Luckily, knock on wood, I've never had a serviceable incident with any of my DJI products and I have a few, but I have known people that have crashed them completely due to pilot error and they fixed it because it was within the warranty period.

I wonder if they will stop doing that now?

I hope not because they have not yet got it down enough to not cover everything. It was a smart move of them to do because it will make sure they maintain the strong market share they currently have but with the Yuneec getting A LOT of attention including many "best of shows" at CES 2016, now is not the time to let their foot off the gas.

I CANNOT wait to see what they are releasing for $1700 on March 1st but I hope it's fantastical.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj