DJI Now Sells Phantom 3 Battery Warmers!

Reactions: Mark The Droner
So this uses the battery's own power to warm itself?

Yes.

That's what I read.

Maybe it could be used for discharging also.

So this uses the battery's own power to warm itself?
There has been one of these out for the Inspire 1 for some time now. People get tripped up on the fact that it uses the battery's own power but if you measure flight time with a cold battery vs flight time with a battery warmed in this thing I am sure you would get several minutes more, not to mention the fact Phantom 3s like to drop from the sky when flown with cold batteries. During the winter I would just wait after the imu warmed up for bird to get to 24°c but that would always result in a 15% drop in battery %. 3-7% is a good trade-off for being able to warm your battery in the cold without powering the whole Phantom while you do it.

Reactions: Numone and sonof40
I searched for Phantom 3 Battery heater, sorry I didn't find "DJI Official Battery Heater" when I was checking if it was posted first, it doesn't say anything in the title about the Phantom 3.
It has a link in post one. Open your eyes son... ;-)
You asked for a link, and I provided you it. Go figure... Haha

RedHotPoker

It has a link in post one. Open your eyes son... ;-)
You asked for a link, and I provided you it. Go figure... Haha

RedHotPoker
Yeah I posted the link in post one, you trolled me because you didn't think I searched well enough before posting this and then I told you that the title of link you posted didn't say anything about a phantom 3. When I search before posting on a new topic I scroll through the titles of each post, I don't read every article from the beginning of time so if it isn't in the title it is easy to miss.

So it uses power from the battery to heat the battery .... Which means you won't be starting your flight with a fully charged battery. Which means the chances of your bird dropping out of the sky increases.

It only uses a few % - so Not a problem... and if they're not warm enough it wont take-off anyway!

Yeah I posted the link in post one, you trolled me because you didn't think I searched well enough before posting this and then I told you that the title of link you posted didn't say anything about a phantom 3. When I search before posting on a new topic I scroll through the titles of each post, I don't read every article from the beginning of time so if it isn't in the title it is easy to miss.
Awesome, keep up the good work. Make it shine.
& Yes, keep those intelligent flight batteries warm, in winter. ;-)
I usually place flight batteries into my combat pant cargo pockets.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1