DJI New RC Assistant Release

Reaction score

Attachments

• 2014-02-20 07_57_16-DJI _ Phantom 2 Vision Downloads.png
    2014-02-20 07_57_16-DJI _ Phantom 2 Vision Downloads.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 909
Major New Features:
Thank you for your patience !
The latest camera firmware v1.1.9 now supports Adobe DNG RAW format capturing. It also records the GPS location and relative attitude in the metadata of the Adobe DNG RAW file. DJI will keep working hard on improving the quality of the RAW file and providing the best aerial photography solution to our customers. Thank you for your constant support !
Update Procedures:
Follow the below instructions to update your firmware.
a) Download the latest camera firmware and unzip it.
b) Get a clean Micro-SD card (less than or equals to 32GB), and copy the ¡°firmware.bin¡± file to the root folder of the Micro-SD card.
c) Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera before turning it on.
d) Turn on the camera.
e) The firmware update will begin automatically. A yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
f) When the yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the ¡°firmware.bin¡± file¡¯s name will change to ¡°firmware.bin.bak00¡±. This file on the card can now be deleted.
Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera or take out the Micro-SD card. This may prevent your camera from switching on and will need a factory reset.
b) A fast red flashing LED on the camera after the update means the update has failed. Please try again.
c) You need to use the latest DJI Vision App (iOS App: v1.0.32; Android App: v1.0.38).
AllanVB said:
Looks like DJI has just released new software.... Anybody know about it?

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/

Hey Allan, that "Major New Features" is from the latest camera firmware, not the RC Assistant software. I wonder what they added (or removed). Maybe 7th channel enable/disable (wishful thinking)? Or would that be something they'd need to put in the Vision Assistant software, or both?

As I'm unable to check at the moment, can anyone confirm what has changed in the latest RC Assistant Software?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8551

Nothing. Out for Macs, I suspect they've just brought the two in line. No new firmware. If there are any changes they are just under the hood. I suspect they got fed up of Mac owners saying "I'm not buying Windows just to get my tx up to date which you say I have to if I updated with the Mac Vision Assistant!"

AllanVB said:
Major New Features:
The latest camera firmware v1.1.9 now supports Adobe DNG RAW format capturing. It also records the GPS location and relative attitude in the metadata of the Adobe DNG RAW file. DJI will keep working hard on improving the quality of the RAW file and providing the best aerial photography solution to our customers. Thank you for your constant support !
Update Procedures:
b) Get a clean Micro-SD card (less than or equals to 32GB), and copy the ¡°firmware.bin¡± file to the root folder of the Micro-SD card.
c) Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera before turning it on.
d) Turn on the camera.
e) The firmware update will begin automatically. A yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
f) When the yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the ¡°firmware.bin¡± file¡¯s name will change to ¡°firmware.bin.bak00¡±. This file on the card can now be deleted.
Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera or take out the Micro-SD card. This may prevent your camera from switching on and will need a factory reset.
b) A fast red flashing LED on the camera after the update means the update has failed. Please try again.
c) You need to use the latest DJI Vision App (iOS App: v1.0.32; Android App: v1.0.38).
AllanVB said:

AllanVB, I think you're mixing things, there is no firmware update for the camera, it is for the RC Assistant Software. I already installed it, now, I will turn my remote on and connect it to the laptop, to see what's new, if anything...

cavaleiro01 said:
AllanVB said:
Major New Features:
Update Procedures:
d) Turn on the camera.
Special Notes:
AllanVB said:

AllanVB, I think you're mixing things, there is no firmware update for the camera, it is for the RC Assistant Software. I already installed it, now, I will turn my remote on and connect it to the laptop, to see what's new, if anything...

Need more coffee......

Pull_Up said:
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8551

Nothing. Out for Macs, I suspect they've just brought the two in line. No new firmware. If there are any changes they are just under the hood. I suspect they got fed up of Mac owners saying "I'm not buying Windows just to get my tx up to date which you say I have to if I updated with the Mac Vision Assistant!"

Well, there's a new ver listed for Windows and Mac.... No release notes but that's not unusual...

Typical

That RC Assistant release for Mac would have saved a couple of hours of angst last weekend when we needed it in the field. Had to beg a windows laptop to update a misbehaving controller. Better late than never though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.