DJI: New P3A Purchaser AFRAID to Fly!

I just got my p3p two weeks ago and made a few flights. One at 400' altitude and about 800' out. I already had a firmware update message come up. I updated and then I couldn't get a signal. I looked on the net and it said to downgrade back to the previous version which I did and everything was good again. Is this common and how necessary is it to make the updates?

I just got my p3p two weeks ago and made a few flights. One at 400' altitude and about 800' out. I already had a firmware update message come up. I updated and then I couldn't get a signal. I looked on the net and it said to downgrade back to the previous version which I did and everything was good again. Is this common and how necessary is it to make the updates?

Use the version that is stable for your bird right now..
When the new ones first come out they sometimes seem unstable for a bit.
It usually irons out.
......Best Wishes

Reactions: Spooky Maxwell
Use the version that is stable for your bird right now..
When the new ones first come out they sometimes seem unstable for a bit.
It usually irons out.
......Best Wishes
Thanks for the info. I was just a little bit worried because I read somewhere that if you don't do the updates that it will sometimes lock your bird.

DJI has lots of firmware updates. Some work, some will cause changes you may not wish to make.

You don't have to do updates if you don't want to. Phantoms aren't subject to viruses or internet hacking.;)

Not to worry have about 104 flights on my P3A, check list carefully each flight, calibrate on regular basis and practice flying at night, no screen you will become much better with controller. Have fun

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj