DJI Neck Strap Issue

We have been kicking this neck strap vs harness style conflict for a couple of weeks already. Neck Strap??
Respectfully, Watch the video I shared in post #11 ? Ah, for how to wear your boobbuster. Hehe
It's not the strap, but how you aren't wearing it correctly. Haha

Unless you grew a pair, where others have not, ;-) you boobooed putting it on... Ha
Take note where the strap adjustment sliders are, upon his shoulders, take second note how the lower, clip on section, is shortened to his liking.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
There's too many compromises with all of them so I stick to a simple strap. And to be honest, often enough I don't even truly take advantage of the simple strap. Like a nervous driver with a death grip on a steering wheel, I often times find myself holding the rc higher and the strap has slack. I try to be mindful of it, relax, and let the strap do the work its supposed to. What I find is even more important and helpful for me is not the strap, but full body comfort. Sitting is the ultimate. That truly makes me fly more at ease. Short of that, I like to lean on something whenever possible, often that being my car. I have a tripod tray that's nice but not always practical so I rarely use it. Sitting for me is the ultimate. I still wear my strap though.
I, too, sit, for as long as I can, until I start losing FPV, and then I stand and make sure rotate to keep the green line to the HomePoint vertical at all times for best signal strength. Remote is always on a neckstrap attached to the top of the RC, and also sitting on a tray, which is attached by a separate harness over my shoulders for support of the RC from underneath.

That strap is a POS. It's like a bra and does not work for me at all. Was a total waste of money for me.
I have to agree, even with the straps cinched all the way (which makes it almost too tight/small to get over my shoulders) it is too low for my comfort.

Guess I need better eyes, but if it is not up close to chest level (even with the shade on), it is too had to see everything on the screen easily. I am using an iPad mini 4, so maybe I have to get one of those giant iPad Pros instead!

You might try to lengthen it first, then put it on correctly, so you can adjust it for a very comfortable fit. If you are tightening it so much, that you can hardly get it on, then it is probably too short. And that is part of the reason yours isn't comfortable. Depending on your body size, tall or short of frame, by adjusting those sliders on the straps, you can get the perfect fit. By sliding that rear rubber emblem patch farther down the straps, it gives a much better comfort for me.

RedHotPoker

Thanks for the tips! I have that one already coming from B&H, so now I'll know how to set it up properly when it arrives! :cool:
Follow the video how to climb in, and adjust straps for your comfort. I sure hope that you like it, and wear it often. I don't even notice, I'm wearing mine, while flying. I'd be interested to learn, how you find yours, for size, fit and comfort level, while it carries your Tx or RC. Mine has simply been awesome, and my arthritic neck, has already thanked me. Yours will too. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Follow the video how to climb in, and adjust straps for your comfort. I sure hope that you like it, and wear it often. I don't even notice, I'm wearing mine, while flying. I'd be interested to learn, how you find yours, for size, fit and comfort level, while it carries your Tx or RC. Mine has simply been awesome, and my arthritic neck, has already thanked me. Yours will too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
My tray harness goes on the same way, so I am very used to that style. The simple neckstrap I am currently using in conjunction with it is a little too short and very difficult to adjust, so I am looking forward to trying the DJI original. I also like the quick release in the front, if you need to set the RC down for a moment, without having to take it off over your head and brimmed hat, which always comes off with it! :cool:

OH no, not another sombrero? Hahaha
You too? Oh my!! ;-)

Fashionably flying a Phantom...

RedHotPoker

OH no, not another sombrero? Hahaha
You too? Oh my!! ;-)

Fashionably flying a Phantom...

RedHotPoker
It helps shield the setting sun from my eyes when looking down at the tablet! :cool: It's usually just a golf hat, but if I need full sun protection during the day, it's a full brimmed hat! Awkward to remove a neckstrap over it! :eek:

I can put my strap on, over my ball cap, no problem. ;-)
Pull it on, with both arms through and flip that large rear emblem, over my head. I have really liked this strap so far, and am glad I have one now.

RedHotPoker

I can put my strap on, over my ball cap, no problem. ;-)
Pull it on, with both arms through and flip that large rear emblem, over my head. I have really liked this strap so far, and am glad I have one now.

RedHotPoker
Yeah, but now try taking it off without removing the ball cap!
Kinda feels like Houdini trying to get out of a strait jacket! ;)

Yeah, but now try taking it off without removing the ball cap!
Kinda feels like Houdini trying to get out of a strait jacket! ;)
Fortunately for me, I am an amateur magician. Hahaha
The same way you push that rear rubber patch over your head, climbing in. You reach back, over your shoulder, get a grip on that large DJI emblem and carefully lift it up and over, away from your beanie with spinning prop... ;-) YMMV considerably. Ha
I am not ambidextrous, Nor particularly limber, but that's easy to do. On or off, in less than a NY minute...
If I bump my chapeau brim, it's no biggie.
image.jpeg

My lucky leprechaun...

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Getting into a safety harness is difficult!
This harness was a snap to setup and works very well.

The urban Sombrero makes it even more difficult

Tumblr_lyiyq2ux9a1qbdizmo1_500.png

Getting into a safety harness is difficult!
This harness was a snap to setup and works very well.
What color is your parachute? Hahaha
I know, it is simply, simplicity defined, & what makes me laugh. You just put your arms through it appropriately, over the head with the large rear rubber DJI emblem, and wear it. ;-)

Those who are dealing with longevity, only need to shorten it appropriately... And wear it correctly. Or it won't work. ;-)
Once that you have worn it right, it all makes complete and an ah-moment sense. If the weight is too high, lower the rear rubber emblem, farther below shoulder height.

RedHotPoker

The urban Sombrero makes it even more difficult
What do you call that! Lovely ladies mini version, for the iPad Mini user? Haha
No, get a man's size, for ultimate piloting comfort. For the Pro!!
image.jpeg

No more 70 Sunblock necessary either. Haha
Plus, with an additional optional "neck strap", you can now fly like a kite, in the tropical breeze. ;-)

Take off, eh? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

For sale: 1 urban sombrero and one DJI harness. (Elaine not included.)

Fortunately for me, I am an amateur magician. Hahaha
The same way you push that rear rubber patch over your head, climbing in. You reach back, over your shoulder, get a grip on that large DJI emblem and carefully lift it up and over, away from your beanie with spinning prop... ;-) YMMV considerably. Ha
I am not ambidextrous, Nor particularly limber, but that's easy to do. On or off, in less than a NY minute...
If I bump my chapeau brim, it's no biggie.
View attachment 62410
My lucky leprechaun...

RedHotPoker
I just remove the ball cap! It's going to come off anyway. Might as well be voluntary! Cool hat, by the way! :cool:

You need the accessorize kit with chin strap? ;-)

RedhotPoker

The big Sombrero is a must have for flying. No need for a tablet shade and no more sun burns standing out in the middle of a field!!

Could get a little tricky when the wind comes up, but hey that's for another thread :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie