DJI Neck Strap Issue

Reactions: Fat City
I have it adjusted all the way I think. I'll take another look though.

I'll try the 2nd questions again...

Is the purpose of the neck strap to support the weight of the remote all the time including while you fly or is it only there as a safety net to catch the remote if you drop it (meaning it's not meant to support the remote's weight all the time)???

Hope the helps.

I have it adjusted all the way I think. I'll tastrength other look though.

I'll try the 2nd questions again...

Is the purpose of the neck strap to support the weight of the remote all the time including while you fly or is it only there as a safety net to catch the remote if you drop it (meaning it's not meant to support the remote's weight all the time)???

Hope the helps.
This seems like a silly question. If a strap can contain your remote during a fall and has the strength to do that, why wouldn't it have the strength just to hold it without failing.

He's trying to say it isn't at a comfortable height for flying. Did DJI design it for use while flying or just to hold it when not in use?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: jmedrone
I honestly think they designed it for flying but as it's a one size fits all it depends on your body type. There are plenty of alternatives out there. That's just my opinion on it.

Although I rarely wear the OEM @dji RC neck strap, and have the Inspire 1 shoulder harness arriving in a couple or three days, I will volunteer to wear mine, for a few moments to give the OP some guidance...

Mine is blue with white lettering and white buckles as well.
On both sides above the hook, the strap can be adjusted up or down, making it totally wearable. Whether you are an NBA centre, or ride in the clown midget mobile at the Ringling Bros. circus, this strap can be made to fit. Heck, even a small giraffe could wear this bad boy in total comfort... Ha
image.jpeg

If your strap doesn't have extra length of fabric, and or those two ajustment buckles, then no, it can't be shortened. Go-Get yourself a proper neck strap or harness system... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: dtitus6297
That's TE="SteveN76, post: 894753, member: 62981"]He's trying to say it isn't at a comfortable height for flying. Did DJI design it for use while flying or just to hold it when not in use?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots[/QUOTE]
That's not what I read

That's TE="SteveN76, post: 894753, member: 62981"]He's trying to say it isn't at a comfortable height for flying. Did DJI design it for use while flying or just to hold it when not in use?

That's not what I read[/QUOTE]
Why do you need a neck strap for something not in use?

Ok, Going back...
Neck Strap??
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yes, it can be shorter...

RedHotPoker

That's not what I read
Why do you need a neck strap for something not in use?[/QUOTE]
Not in use, as in hanging free, out of hand. What do you think "not in use" means? In the case, stuffed in the wardrobe? Context, my friend. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Why do you need a neck strap for something not in use?
Not in use, as in hanging free, out of hand. What do you think "not in use" means? In the case, stuffed in the wardrobe? Context, my friend. Hahaha

RedHotPoker[/QUOTE]
Well, when not using my remote , It never dawned on me to hang it from a tree . ..or if stuffed in a closet to be sure it was strapped to something and hanging. I have had many belts in my lifetime and not one has come with instructions .

Tree? I said free. Haha
So, what is meant by "not in use"? Say you kneel down to change battery packs, or during the final preflight check, you are tightening props, and making final preparations, the RC can be comfortably hanging free, around the shoulders, and you are therefor unencumbered with holding the RC in one hand, while juggling/fiddling with the other hand.
Forget the free-tree or being in the closet, that was a bad analogy, on my part. Sorry to confuse the issue.
Hands free.

RedHotPoker

I understand the question. It hangs too low even when all the slack is taken out just like mine which is the model he has. I didn't buy it for a safety net, so it not useable for me. DJI ought to take it back on a trade at the very least. How 'bout it DJI?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fat City
I understand the question. It hangs too low even when all the slack is taken out just like mine which is the model he has. I didn't buy it for a safety net, so it not useable for me. DJI ought to take it back on a trade at the very least. How 'bout it DJI?

If it's the awesome Inspire 1 harness, You obviously aren't using it right. Probably wearing it as others, Bassackwards... Haha
Mine should be here tomorrow or a day later. Will let you know my personal thoughts, experience with it. ;-)
Did you actually watch the video?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I watched the video and figured out yesterday I was wearing it wrong. It came with no instructions. I wasn't putting the piece over my head and around to my back like the guy in the video. Now it works great and supports the remote and tablet all the time.

I watched the video and figured out yesterday I was wearing it wrong. It came with no instructions. I wasn't putting the piece over my head and around to my back like the guy in the video. Now it works great and supports the remote and tablet all the time.
Hahaha, oh no, not you too!! When ever you weathered pilots buy something RC related, why not investigate the item first? Be aware of the concept, how it works, & why the heck you bought it in the first pace. hahaha
The more of you guys who profess to finally figuring this Inspire 1 harness out, it brings myself all the more, cheer. Hehe

Alright, you're up next!! First things first; This isn't a DJI forum. Ok? PHANTOM
Shall we go through the harness instructions again? ;-)
Please watch the video, and climb into your marvelous harness.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It's just that easy. Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31