DJI ND 8/16 Filters & Battery Charging Hub now avaliable

DJI has just released some new accessories:
- Battery Charging Hub so you can charge 4 batteries at once. Seems reasonably priced. http://click.dji.com/fwad1dbZt1OvYw1B
The charging hub will take 4 batteries, but it uses a normal charger/power supply for power, and only charges one at a time, based on how low they are - whatever one has the highest remaining charge gets topped up first, and so on until the most depleted gets charged last. Just a cleaner looking design than the China boards around here that do 3 batteries.

Still seems a useful tool. I have a large number of batteries so will save me having to swap one every hour.

Yah, to be honest, I am torn between the DJI hub and the cheap eBay 3-battery charging strips. I'm working on a mobile charging solution for traveling in the car, and not needing the inverter, 12 VDC cig plug charging. It would be super nice to be able to plug in 2 or more batteries and have them automatically all charge as others are done - having to watch every few minutes to see if one battery is done so I can connect the next one is a pain in the ***. haha

I would get the charging hub if it had the option to automatically put a "storage charge" on all the batteries - 50% for example. That's what I normally do after flying unless I plan to fly again in the next day or so.

Trying to get 3 batteries to a reasonable storage charge is way more tedious than full charging because I estimate the time for each battery and set an alarm on my phone.

Then, when you're getting ready to go out, if you have 3 batteries at the same partial charge level, those cheap parallel boards work really well at putting a full charge on them in much less time than charging one at a time. That's because almost 1/2 the charging time of a single battery is at reduced current / constant voltage, at least with the Pro charger.

Well. One have arrived today. Much faster then the HDMI module I ordered over a month ago!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic