DJI Naza-M 2.12 / Firmware 3.12

Reaction score
I just started the Naza-M Assistant and received an update notice for Software v2.12 Firmware v3.12

8752846222_bb109a860f_b.jpg

Link to release on DJI website: http://www.dji-innovations.com/dji-...tant-software-2-12-user-manual-1-04-released/

List of what's new: http://www.dji-innovations.com/the-improvement-of-the-new-naza-m-firmware-v3-12/
THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE NAZA-M FIRMWARE V3.12
May 17, 2013

DJI has released the new firmware v3.12 for Naza-M, Naza-M V2 and Phantom customers.

What’s the major differences between v3.12 and v3.10 firmware?

FIRMWARE
Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function.
Fix the problem of transmitter mid point deviation and travel asymmetry. Add mid point checking when power on, if there is too much deviation of mid point, motor start fails and LED indicator flashes Red to warn you.
Optimize stop motor in Intelligent Mode, the criterion of stopping motor changes from under 40% throttle stick to under 10%.

SOFTWARE
Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function on the Basic->RC tab.

Cheers,
sn3ak3rp1mp

It would be nice if Dji spoke in simple English that didn't make you wonder what the hell they were saying.

Re: DJI Naza-M 2.12 / Firmware 3.12-performance

I updated to Assistant version 2.12 and firmware 3.12 yesterday. The peformance of my Phantom is worse. Specifically, Before upgrade the altitude was holding steady withing a foot or less, and laterally withing a meter. Now I am getting vertical variations of about 6 feet and laterally about 2 meters or more meters.
Also I now get two green flashes before takeoff and it switches between 1 and 2 green flashes while in flight. I also did not get the previously familure Ameber 3 or 4 amber flashes followed by a green flash while acquiring satalites.

I have calibrated twice and the parameters are within the proper range.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: DJI Naza-M 2.12 / Firmware 3.12-performance

rcray said:
I have calibrated twice and the parameters are within the

I remember when I did the upgrade that there was a pop-up telling me to reinstall the default parameters. Did you do that?

Re: DJI Naza-M 2.12 / Firmware 3.12-Paramerters

****!! I imported the parameters from the website, unzipped it and NOW IT IS WORSE.
It is basically flying as if no GPS is available.

Also, I am not getting the amber lights flasing indicating GPS Satelites. I only get two green flashes.

I have had no carashes.

Be careful if you're re-installing any parameters,. make sure your motor-mixing type is "X", as some users have accidentally hit the default button and experienced terrible crashes on takeoff.

double green blink is a sign that things are ok.
if you put the throttle to 50% (prior to starting the motors), it will then give you a single green blink.
causes everyone some confusion at first.

even if you don't need it, it's best to do a basic, and then an advanced calibration after the update.
..recalibrate your compass as well, can't hurt.

Instructions still say "not for phantom" I'm not going to do any more upgrades from dji until they quit experimenting and come up with something useful. The last two experiments were at phantom owners expense to appease and make owners think they were doing something, and all they accomplished was to make things worse. The first mess they made was enough for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94