DJI may have a REAL problem on their hands

tizzl10 said:
varmint said:
tizzl10 said:
the camera on this machine sucks worse than the plus camera. no thank you!

And you know this based on what specs and/or direct imagery comparison? FYI the GH3D readily accepts a GoPro, making the entire platform much more flexible than a plus.

I know this based on the youtube video I just saw of it in flight. I know it accepts the gopro..the stock camera is trash.

Your loss if you choose to accept a single video from a random source at an unspecified compression level as "evidence" of anything.
That video isn't even available in HD.

bergenfelter said:
Guess I am struggling to see the real value this bird offers over the P2V+ - looks really cool and I like the retractible gear - but similar flight time - similar camera res - stabilized gimbal. I know you dont need an external tablet or phone. I know I am partial - but for the value of features and price the P2V+ still looks pretty good compared. Plus a honkin big footprint! I'd have trouble getting the case for that thing in the back of my car.

Walkera does make a good product though.

a gimbal with 360 rotation is the big plus, IF it can just continually rotate with no lock stop? all the better. a few people not impressed totally with ground station because the P2V+ can't film sideways, or track sideways, whichever way you want to look at it? ( though a software update may cure this? ) this makes filming a 360 view around an object not easy. use ground station to plot the course the aircraft flies and then have pan and tilt under manual control would be a nice feature and make 360's round an object much easier, but only of any use with a retractable UC too, or the camera on a telescopic mount to drop it below the UC. the big surprise is a 6 cell battery the same price as the phantoms 3 cell with comparable MAH capacity? while i'm on the subject of nice to have, a zoom on a go pro or the vision cam would be nice, even an aftermarket attachment to fix to the standard cam if that would work??

I like 6 rotors over 4 because there is hope if one motor fails, you can limp home. I don't mind the size. Early adoption is a real problem for me. Look at the Phantom and how far it has come and how far it has yet to go. Overall, competition is good for the consumer.

Was at UAV Direct today in Texas and they had a preproduction unit. From what they said it is still catching up with DJI's technology. And gimbal did not rotate 360 degrees. Not even 90 degrees left to right.

varmint said:
Hovtech said:
I love it too. I want to see a picture of someone holding it so I can get a better feel for how big it is.

Here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot5glYjvOs0

Thanks. Until he started screwing the camera strap on I didn't have a sense of how big it is. It's big and bad. I wonder if the reason it has lights on top and bottom is because it will invert?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its still probably the biggest multirotor that cant hold a real camera. Shame imho

Walkera do say they are working on a gimbal for this to carry a Sony RX100.
That's still not a Nex-5 but it might be a step in the right direction.

That woukd be great, hey dont knock the rx100. Great little camera. Problem is they will need to work on a bird that can carry the gimbal and camera and still keep the flight time over 15 mins which the tali 500 just wont do, not that a phantom will either but its the next step up for me.

I'm waiting , had a couple of walkera products. Not really thrilled with them. Not spending 2000 on a who new platform.

Would love to have one immediately, but will wait for others to buy and be my beta tester.

wattsn said:
I want the black one :) Soon as it's available I'll be ordering.

I love the black H500 too, but I have been weighing this in my head over the last couple of days. The H500 is very cool, and I love the Devo-12E with built-in FVP but, from I have seen so far, it really offers little benefit in overall performance. She's brand new and I'm sure it will have some issues just as the Phantom experienced. I'd have to buy the bird, plus a whole complement of new accessories. I could buy a second Vision+ with comparable performance, I can share all my accessories between birds, and it will cost me around half as much. I'm on the fence on this one....

Dirty Bird said:
wattsn said:
I want the black one :) Soon as it's available I'll be ordering.

I love the black H500 too, but I have been weighing this in my head over the last couple of days. The H500 is very cool, and I love the Devo-12E with built-in FVP but, from I have seen so far, it really offers little benefit in overall performance. She's brand new and I'm sure it will have some issues just as the Phantom experienced. I'd have to buy the bird, plus a whole complement of new accessories. I could buy a second Vision+ with comparable performance, I can share all my accessories between birds, and it will cost me around half as much. I'm on the fence on this one....

Agree with DB on this one. Look's cool and all but will wait and see how thing's turn out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues