DJI Mavic!

WTF is fly by phone? DJI mentions even further range with FlybyPhone.
You can fly the Mavic using your phone's Wi-Fi connection. The range should be much less since it's operating via Wi-Fi.

Flight time is a bit shorter, time wise, than our 3s and 4s though, right?
It's one minute less than the Phantom 4 max flight time.

I love the Mavic and I will probably order one after I get my hands on one to try it out. My only concern is the clarity of the video with that plastic bubble over the camera, it may be removable but the camera and gimbal look extremely fragile to me.
The bubble is removable. The gimbal is super small so I don't think it'll get damage too easy.

I just got my first DJI a week ago, a P3S on ebay, open box, and another P3A last night on ebay used with 2 hours. Im sick about the loss in value, however it may be good for the hobby. The way to go now will be to buy used P3/P4 on ebay for a lot less maybe save $100 -$200 per drone in the coming days/weeks. If I were a dealer with a lot of inventory, I would be SICK! Hope they had some warning time to empty their stock! This will be good in the long run for the number of people that fly drones, but that in itself may be bad for the hobby if there are lots of newcomers. Government regs can/will screw up drone flyers soon, just like they are trying to screw up gun owners. WTF 4.1 flight , when legally we are limited to LOS in the United states. I don't get it. I will learn on my P3's and if and when I crash and burn both of them may be interested in a used Mavic when the Mavic 2 and 3's come out. There are so many used DJI's available on ebay with less the 5 hours on the clock. Take advantage of that now and stock up on spares and soon to be cheap used batteries. LIKE if you agree with me!

Reactions: Badgenes
I just pre ordered from DJI. Using my Bank of America debit card on dji website put a restricted hold on my card. Had to call a number to get it lifted. Anyone have that issue? I got it cleared and the order went through. Anyone know an exact date we will get the drone?

I just pre ordered from DJI. Using my Bank of America debit card on dji website put a restricted hold on my card.
Your bank actually put that hold on your card. They probably did it since it's an international purchase for a large amount.

Your bank actually put that hold on your card. They probably did it since it's an international purchase for a large amount.
Yea they put a hold on it. Lol. I had to call a number and talk to a gentleman and verify I tried to make the purchase. Then he cleared it. I asked him why. He said like you because it's an unusual purchased for such a high amount. But It went through the second time. So It's ordered ;)

And.... now, we wait...

I couldn't get on the DJI Store today, so I ordered later on in the day from Amazon. My estimated date is November 1st (or after).

I couldn't get on the DJI Store today, so I ordered later on in the day from Amazon. My estimated date is November 1st (or after).
I didn't even think about amazon. Haha. Yea dji.com doesn't give a date

Yeah, they never give a date for preorders. DJI sells drones on Amazon too.

You can fly the Mavic using your phone's Wi-Fi connection. The range should be much less since it's operating via Wi-Fi.

It's one minute less than the Phantom 4 max flight time.
Yeah Thanks. I actually understood the words about fly by phone, I am wondering ,I guess I should have said, how it is implemented. Only a minute difference ? I thought it was more. So no real difference. Thanks again

I really like the potability but where I often fly there's minimal take off location and I need to hand catch, so mavic is out. At home in the country I land in the grass and my P4 clears the props a mavic would cut the grass. That's my biggest concern with mavic is that's it's props are close to the ground.

Reactions: Badgenes
I'm so totally selling my recently purchased P4 and getting this sucker.

I really wanted max portability for filming my motorcycle adventures. While I've been learning heaps with the P4, the Mavic does everything I need and more and geezus for crying out loud its tiny!

As soon as I saw that video from Warren and Lok on digitalrev it really gave me the context I needed to cement my decision, that and reading every thread of pros and cons here too!

I note that the legs are lower too, I've seen that mentioned a few times, and Warren and Lok made the same observation but pointed out that the props are smaller and make less wind and sound than the P4 so .... dunno. That made no sense lol!

Here's their video again for anyone who missed it.

I have ordered mine, im buying it because of how small it is and i can take it anywhere on foot places i cant get to with a great big case :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Cool as hell [emoji41]
Extremely portable
Cheaper batteries
Easier FPV
Cutting edge/early adopter
I want it
Nobody can stop me from getting one
'Merca

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I ordered one. Why? Because DJI makes the best drones. I expect nothing less from this new model.

Same... I have a P3p already and love it minus the stress cracks. I really wanted to upgrade build quality but could not do it for the P4.. Now the Mavic is a game changer. Pretty close to the P4 in a much smaller footprint. This thing will be going everywhere. Can still fallback on the P3p if needed.

Dji looks to have crushed everyone again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I am getting mine for the video performance, handling, and portability. I live where there are some fantastic places to fly, but you have to walk to get to them. When walking is an issue, carrying your drone becomes a big thing. I am going to the Magic from a Q500, so was close to getting a P4, until I saw the Magic. The Karma was not really a contender for me as I wanted a mature product and the Mavic fits the bill.
Mike.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

very portable. proven camera, controller.
Seems more fun to fly than the P4.

A good part of it is the wow factor. Nobody released such a controller, and such a small platform with high quality camera and link. Don't really care about avoidance sensor and all - its nice but i also know its not fool proof anyway.
I bet next year competition will close the gap. For now, I think its exciting enough and at the right time for me (sold the P3P just before P4 release).

Ideally, I'd like even smaller and much more maneuverable - I have a small quad and tri like that. But these can't do the neat videos and aren't as "safe" to fly. The DJI stuff has become really dependable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl