DJI Mavic!

this thing is a phantom 4 repackaged into a smaller and more portable drone... if the opportunity arises then I will get it( selling other drone), if not, then I'm still content with what I got. The only downside I've seen, based on the specs, is that the field of view is more narrow on the new Mavic. Its field of view is only 78*, whereas the phantom 3 is 98*.

Reactions: rpmeyer
I ordered one. Why? Because DJI makes the best drones. I expect nothing less from this new model.

Reactions: Suhail78
Who's getting it? And why?
I love the Mavic and I will probably order one after I get my hands on one to try it out. My only concern is the clarity of the video with that plastic bubble over the camera, it may be removable but the camera and gimbal look extremely fragile to me.

I'll have to sell my two P4's cheap. Anyway, yeah, speed and distance. Camera is a distant third for my requirements. The Mavic suits that perfectly. As for the karma, it's become a moot point.

Reactions: liketogethigh
The specs spoke to me as well.

Anyone interested in a never crashed P4 with 4 hours flight time, send me a message. :)

I'm keeping my P4, selling my wifes P3A and giving my wife my P3P and ordering the Mavic. It looks and sounds awesome. It will go great with Eva! That's what my daughter named my P4 ;)

Dji claims the Mavic can fly in wind speeds of up to 27mph says Engadget. Does anyone know what the P4 is rated at?

Dji claims the Mavic can fly in wind speeds of up to 27mph says Engadget. Does anyone know what the P4 is rated at?
22 MPH per the Phantom 4 manual. I wouldn't believe Engadget's numbers until they appear on official DJI documentation. They like to exaggerate a bit sometimes :)

I'm all over it because...it's cool as hell. Perfectly happy with my P3S. But in comparison it's sooo much more portable

I recently sold my P3S with the intention to get a P3A. Today's announcement has me waiting until the money from the sale is safely in my account before placing my order.

Who's getting it? And why?
I am looking. 4.3 miles is awesome, even knowing that real world will be less. WTF is fly by phone? DJI mentions even further range with FlybyPhone. Flight time is a bit shorter, time wise, than our 3s and 4s though, right? That is opposite of what you would want with vastly increased radio range. Hmmm...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers