DJI Mavic Unfolding Animations

The Karma doesn't need to be "better" than the Magic to be successful. A lot of people are so frustrated with the way DJI treats their customers that they will switch as soon as something "as good as" the DJI comes along.
Have you ever made own experiences with GoPro service? I have made with both and DJI service was significantly better...

Have you ever made own experiences with GoPro service? I have made with both and DJI service was significantly better...

I don't - but it's hard to imagine (Telecom companies excluded) that any company could have less respect for their customers than DJI.

That's disappointing to hear! Any experience with Typhoon?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if I really wanted a drone, other than for a recent trip to Iceland, so got a P3 Standard.

I've only really gone up, panned around and back down again, until today, funnily enough, where I tried actually flying around a local park. My previous max distance was something like 50 meters, max height 88 meters, today I climbed to 133 meters (whoa!) and bumbling around the park I covered around 850 meters.

Conclusion - it's fun! So yeah, I may well be in the market for a higher level model, but the size and bulk of the Phantom is a real drawback that nearly stopped me buying at all. If DJI can supply a Phantom 4 that folds up..? I'm in.

Anyone want to buy a hardly-used P3S? Total of 33 flights, most just straight up, slow swivel and straight down ;)

But yeah, the awful customer service thing...

I don't think I'm sold enough on the Karma to replace my P3S, as it does everything the Karma can and more, it's just a bit bigger and takes a few more seconds to set up. But a foldable, compact P4 is another story. Either that or I may go for a flying wing FPV set up, like the Parrot Disco but probably home-assembled and half the price.

I don't need 4K and have set my P3 to 1080 and that's already creating files too large for Facebook or Youtube (realistically). Most of my motorbike scrambling helmet-cam stuff is at 720, which is surprisingly clear for most things.

Lightbridge
30 mins flying
Foldable
1080p
Obstacle Avoidance
All the flight plans such as dronie, orbit, waypoints etc.

For that, I'm sold and will look at raising the cash, inc selling my P3S.

Sadly I suspect the smaller size will mean a smaller battery and more like 15 mins, which will make it much harder to swallow the price. That would be an expensive toy, rather than my new hobby.

Lightbridge
30 mins flying
Foldable
1080p
Obstacle Avoidance
All the flight plans such as dronie, orbit, waypoints etc.

For that, I'm sold and will look at raising the cash, inc selling my P3S.
I certainly don't expect Lightbridge support on a Mavic. If it does support it, I'M IN!

685g it will be almost 1/2 the weight of the P3.

Is that with a battery or without?
Where did you get that figure from??

Info came from the same place most others have recovered what they have.

Did anyone mention it will have a proprietary 3,850ma 11.4v Battery?

Info came from the same place most others have recovered what they have.

Did anyone mention it will have a proprietary 3,850ma 11.4v Battery?

Btw, they say there will 3 versions of the Mavic. The "S","X", and a Flagship version that has Lightbridge, 4k, and 12m camera.

Btw, they say there will 3 versions of the Mavic. The "S","X", and a Flagship version that has Lightbridge, 4k, and 12m camera.

I still feel This Site gathers the most relevant information so far...According to recently spotted FCC registrations, there might be 2 versions.

Also, this release may bring some new dynamics to law and regulations. As an example here in Ireland, any drone above 1kg/2.2pounds should be registered with the IAA.

The Mavic appears to be below that weight...If they managed to pack similar to the P4 capabilities (range and flight time + as good video recording gear) in such a tiny and light package (and if if not this generation around, it's bound to happen) then regulations should go way beyond absurd criteria such as weight. Granted the physical damage seem greater but drone do many more things than crash dangerously nowadays....

685g it will be almost 1/2 the weight of the P3.
If it is this light, they should of invented a clip on hand held grip with a phone mount and usb out so it could behave like an OSMO. I wouldn't mind the Mavic doubling as a 3-axis handicam.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1