DJI Mavic Unfolding Animations

14324626_10206817112975424_5051341356406402135_o.jpg

Reactions: Techcop50
I thought the Mavic is supposed to be like an FPV racer ?
I could be wrong, I'm not positive.
If so it would not be meant for photography, or to compete with Karma.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's what people were saying before the first pictures surfaced. It looks like they are just going for a more compact drone though -- like we're seeing from other drone makers.

Yeah, thats what people were speculating the direction DJI was going to take. Seems they are happy to stay in the AP world.

I could be wrong, I'm not positive.
If so it would not be meant for photography, or to compete with Karma.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Interesting photo.... I can see the VPS sensors, and the downward facing cameras, so looks like its going to have that. Probably front obstacle avoidance? Wonder if they just took the guts of the phantom 4 and re-packaged everything? I like how this thing looks, but i probably wouldn't trade my phantom 4 for it.

Interesting photo.... I can see the VPS sensors, and the downward facing cameras, so looks like its going to have that. Probably front obstacle avoidance? Wonder if they just took the guts of the phantom 4 and re-packaged everything? I like how this thing looks, but i probably wouldn't trade my phantom 4 for it.

What appear to be forward (only) OA sensors are visible in other photos.

Last edited:
Even though it's foldable, the casing for this must be layered for protection, so the size difference ,when taking it out in a field, jumps
from a large hicking backpack(phantom 3/4)to a school sized backpack(mavic) . Hopefully the mavic's specs are more promising than the karmas... How about waterproofing drones? They already have drones that can function underwater and fly now.

Waterproofing is waaaay to niche-y.
These are mass-appeal, mass-produced items.

The photo msinger linked to show the front 'gear' a fixed feature of the front arms only.

No folding or any 'gear' on the rear arms.

Reactions: Falcon900
One think on my mind is that all google pics of the mavic have a round camera but in djis video it shows a square camera. Wowsers been a long long time since i posted on here. LOL Hi any old school regulars from back in the day.

The photo msinger linked to show the front 'gear' a fixed feature of the front arms only.

No folding or any 'gear' on the rear arms.

Well, couldn't really see the rear arms, i just presumed they were just folded....at least it would make the most sense.

Well, couldn't really see the rear arms, i just presumed they were just folded....at least it would make the most sense.

Well, based off the OP animated pic, rear arms have no landing gear/legs as they are lower than front, which does make sense.

Reactions: Suhail78

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj