DJI major announcement ?

It will be the Phantom X The image is a reference to the sky painting feature.

Nah, not me. I'm waiting for all of you beta testers to get (some) of the bugs out of the new version before I buy it. Buy then I've likely crashed my P3 a couple more times or have it drop into the water....

Besides, if the GeoFencing is as bad as the beta, I'm not touching another DJI product.
what is geofencing

This should be interesting. I really would love to see a dual camera set-up (with thermal). That would be sweet for so many "special" applications. I'm just dreaming here though so don't take that as any indication as to what might be released.
i saw a very nice set up with dual cameras using Flir and the standard camera that comes with the inspire, so 2 cameras. Company name is Rocky Mountain Unmanned Systems The FLIR is operated on a separate video loop , not the light bridge. Im sure the new DJI set up will be awesome but if you wan to get something now might be good, i will probably get both.

Reactions: BigAl07
Even if it's a P4, you'll most likely have to wait a few months after the announcement. DJI normally does not start shipping a new product right after announcing it.
when do you think they will start shipping?
(an estimate)

i saw a very nice set up with dual cameras using Flir and the standard camera that comes with the inspire, so 2 cameras. Company name is Rocky Mountain Unmanned Systems The FLIR is operated on a separate video loop , not the light bridge. Im sure the new DJI set up will be awesome but if you wan to get something now might be good, i will probably get both.

Excellent info. I need to research this a little further ASAP. This would be very helpful in SAR missions.

Ditto on the Flir Zenmuse XT IR camera for sure!

I think the announcement will be just that - the Flir XT/DJI combo has finally arrived. Having the XT adapt to the Osmo is secondary for me (I would be surprised if it wasn't adaptable).

I use a Flir EX 300 hand held camera and their image analysis and reporting software now for business so I am familiar with them. Someone mentioned the Flir app for IPhone - there will be no comparing that to the Zenmuse XT it should be amazing (I hope) - if this camera is capable of both "radiance and temperature"measurements, the price point will be in the range of around $5k+ I would think, and not for the casual recreational flyer!

I plan on flying it with an Inspire 1 Pro or the Matrice 100, when you think of that much of your hard end dough up in the sky - hmm makes ya wonder as to the risk? One thing for certain however is the fact you will be using it a definitive LOS (so less risk I would think), for tower inspections, transformers, windmill gens, solar panel farms and some indoor applications (that's where the Matrice 100 comes into play with its full avoidance system employed) YIKES - more money in the sky!

March 1st is just around the corner!

I think the announcement will be just that - the Flir XT/DJI combo has finally arrived. Having the XT adapt to the Osmo is secondary for me (I would be surprised if it wasn't adaptable).

I use a Flir EX 300 hand held camera and their image analysis and reporting software now for business so I am familiar with them. Someone mentioned the Flir app for IPhone - there will be no comparing that to the Zenmuse XT it should be amazing (I hope) - if this camera is capable of both "radiance and temperature"measurements, the price point will be in the range of around $5k+ I would think, and not for the casual recreational flyer!

I plan on flying it with an Inspire 1 Pro or the Matrice 100, when you think of that much of your hard end dough up in the sky - hmm makes ya wonder as to the risk? One thing for certain however is the fact you will be using it a definitive LOS (so less risk I would think), for tower inspections, transformers, windmill gens, solar panel farms and some indoor applications (that's where the Matrice 100 comes into play with its full avoidance system employed) YIKES - more money in the sky!

If it is the XT then be prepared for a very expensive item, this is aimed purely at the commercial market. Im not sure it will be having spoken to a few people beta testing and it aint ready yet (apparantly) and radiommetry has still to be enabled which they said was forthcoming accroding to flir for the vue pro and the XT, and given they have the Tau2 core that should be acheivable but I am not convinced this announcement is about the XT

there will be 2 versions the 336 and 640 res versions, and yes $5K and then some for the low res, and big pennies for the 640 res !!! and no as of a few weeks ago they do NOT have radiommetry but do have spot temps which will be centred about 4 pixels area, but be prepared for big bucks product !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: eaglegoaltender

I think its going to be a new phantom and its going to look like the inspire1 but a lot smaller and I to just bought a new phantom-3-A which may be up for sale but will wait and see :)

Or it could be like what Apple does. DJIs software releases are on par. It could be called a P3Ps, like the Apple 6s, extra avoidance sensors and the quick disconnect camera from the Inspire. $1500, and I'm in.

Whoever was saying the announcement would be a new thermal camera is probably wrong as it looks like dji's already got that covered:

That link you posted isn't anything new as to the DJI/Zenmuse XT combo or DJI using Flir products already.

Well aware of the other IR cameras that are available for the Inpspire1 and the Matrice 100 platforms.

From the article you linked it states: DJI has not released any pricing or shipping details about the Zenmuse XT and that is what I think will be the announcement coming up on March 1/16 since this Flir/DJI combo is due out the first quarter of 2016!

You seem pretty pumped for the Phantom 4 :) - hopefully the announcement will be something great regardless if it is P4 or the Zenmuse XT IR camera as to pricing and delivery.

I've been tellin' ya.... there will be no Phantom 4... bad luck in Chinese culture!.... going straight to Phantom FIVE! :p:D

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see them launch a Phantom 4? My P3 is barely out of the box. I wanted a little more time of being latest and greatest before the new model comes out.

I can't see them offering anything on a P4 that would make upgrade. Plus I can't afford the P4 and the divorce it would cause at the same time.

No, you are not the only one, I feel the exact same way!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers