DJI major announcement ?

So no reason then. Just the same as me saying it could be.
Ive stated my reasons but at this stage no one has a scooby doo do they!!

The faster technology advances, the more "bugs" that are created. And you, the beta tester, will discover them!

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see them launch a Phantom 4? My P3 is barely out of the box. I wanted a little more time of being latest and greatest before the new model comes out.

I can't see them offering anything on a P4 that would make upgrade. Plus I can't afford the P4 and the divorce it would cause at the same time.

If you just got the P3, you are not an early adopter, I double you would be the first in line for P4. Please continue playing with your new P3, By the time P5 is around the corner, you can get your P4 a great discounted price.

The video I saw of the P4 was amazing.
If DJI ever makes this, my only regret is
how easy they've become to fly. It almost seems to take the mystery out of it. You just throw it up in the air and start sky painting with your cell phone. Kind of sad to see the some of the mystery taken out of it.

The faster technology advances, the more "bugs" that are created. And you, the beta tester, will discover them!
This reminds me a former co-worker , He has the same arguement regarding color TV. He is holding on his old TV. The money he spent on repair, he could buy several new ones.

This reminds me of former co-worker , He has the same arguement regarding color TV. He is holding on his old TV. The money he spent on repair, he could buy several new ones.
I am not referring to hardware technology that advances over years of time. I am referring to "Version 2, 3, 4, 5 etc" of software within months. When it comes to newly released software for these things, you have got to let other people be the "beta testers" - or you will pay the price. It is 1 thing if the software application merely delivers data (I did this for over 25 years). It is quite another if the device flies. This is especially true if the mfg. has cut down quality somewhere else, like the motor mounts being attached via plastic instead of metal (i.e. P2 vs P3). My P2 is "bullet proof".

All this just means I get to put another P3P in the fleet as I hope it continues to drive the resale value down. The only time I am going to adopt early is when it involves an insane flight time that I just cannot pass up. As time goes on I think I am just saving the larger purchases for my DIY stuff.

The P3 is just a fantastic quad.

Reactions: Monte Olsen
Yes but thremal photigraphy?
I agree, I think it will be thermal device as there are some competitors going that route and it's a popular choice. I think it will be ability to add. XT and thermal., removable camera system..
Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see them launch a Phantom 4? My P3 is barely out of the box. I wanted a little more time of being latest and greatest before the new model comes out.

I can't see them offering anything on a P4 that would make upgrade. Plus I can't afford the P4 and the divorce it would cause at the same time.
It's probably gonna be like Apple. They make a new phone or pad ,and the old charger won't work on it. Oops. Sounds like p2 and p3 ,huh!!!!!#

It's probably gonna be like Apple. They make a new phone or pad ,and the old charger won't work on it. Oops. Sounds like p2 and p3 ,huh!!!!!#

It's funny how some people can never let that go. They changed the port once and for good technological reason and the old one had been around for 10 years... Still people like you just love to cry about it.

The Phantom 3 batteries have a higher voltage and make the Phantom 3 fly for longer. That's what technology does, it's not always the same but always changes to be better. If people like you can't handle that, either stop buying new stuff or stop crying. Technology won't stop advancing because some people still want casette tapes and floppy disks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's funny how some people can never let that go. They changed the port once and for good technological reason and the old one had been around for 10 years... Still people like you just love to cry about it.

The Phantom 3 batteries have a higher voltage and make the Phantom 3 fly for longer. That's what technology does, it's not always the same but always changes to be better. If people like you can't handle that, either stop buying new stuff or stop crying. Technology won't stop advancing because some people still want casette tapes and floppy disks

You forgot 8 track tapes. Anybody remember those?

This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves right here. I was very happy when the changed it and if they change it again to USB type C, I'll embrace it as well.

I am not referring to hardware technology that advances over years of time. I am referring to "Version 2, 3, 4, 5 etc" of software within months. When it comes to newly released software for these things, you have got to let other people be the "beta testers" - or you will pay the price. It is 1 thing if the software application merely delivers data (I did this for over 25 years). It is quite another if the device flies. This is especially true if the mfg. has cut down quality somewhere else, like the motor mounts being attached via plastic instead of metal (i.e. P2 vs P3). My P2 is "bullet proof".
I'm in software/firmware development business, in the old days, we release our product at our schedule. Nowadays, we are required by our clients to release at soon as their bug fix/feature request is completed. As I tell my other clirnts, if they are happy with software/firmware, they can skip the update. I do the same regarding dji product. I started with phantom 1, completely bypassed P2 to P3.

They have been working on collision avoidance I believe, so I guess they will want to get that out in a P4 (PX maybe?) pretty quick as Yuneec has it coming out this year

I think the go pro drone should come out at the same time!! I think it would help us by keeping the prices more fair!! Might make a lot of people rethink dji over. It's actually a good thing that dji has some real competition. It won't be p4 it will be p5 because 4 is a bad number to them over there. My guess is $1999 and they only come out with 1 model for the first 3 months.

Reactions: koop

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik