DJI major announcement ?

Never say never Taco..
That's what I said after my first wife .
girl crying.jpg
:(
;)

you know I cant do that
Hah, well, I thought you had some inside information ;)

In the meantime, let's have some fun with math. The FLIR Vue Pro (camera only) costs between $2k-$3.5k. The X3 (camera & gimbal) costs $550. That's how I came up with my $3k estimate.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see them launch a Phantom 4? My P3 is barely out of the box.

Haha. I am in the same situation. I hope it is a P4, though, for the sake of all the people can afford one. I only got the P3A because it was in my price-range. I doubt anything P4-related will be $799 for a good while. That's tech for you - you can never win. And when you do, the victory is all too brief.

Reactions: Prowler
I believe I read that the FAA is due to release rules for commercial operators of small UAVs in march. Maybe it has something to do with that.

I don't think it will be a P4; I think it will be the new Phantom X, a small selfie drone to compete with the Lily and the Onagofly

I don't think it will be a P4; I think it will be the new Phantom X, a small selfie drone to compete with the Lily and the Onagofly
I'm with you on that one plus the Chinese don't use the number 4 the word is similar to the word death in the Chinese language!! It will probably be phantom X or XT.

I'm with you on that one plus the Chinese don't use the number 4 the word is similar to the word death in the Chinese language!! It will probably be phantom X or XT.

I agree. The X and XT. The X opens up a larger market for the everyday Joe and the XT for industrial market.

Let's make some observations that may lead to a conclusion:
  • DJI focus favors consumer over professional.
  • DJI reusing technologies across different product lines (e.g. Inspire FC, VPS, etc. on P3).
  • DJI P3 product line is fully saturated.
  • DJI Inspire line still has room for new product.
  • DJI sees competition encroaching at the bottom end of the product mix (e.g. cheap clones).
  • DJI has unique brand recognition and PR power. Only they can make noise like these announcements.
  • DJI sees itself as the Apple of drones making better quality drones that command higher prices.
  • Invite image is good composite between I1 and P3 body shapes.
Maybe a new Inspire. Possibly smaller and priced between P3 and I1 with new consumer X cam.

Reactions: KidKobe210
Hah, well, I thought you had some inside information ;)

In the meantime, let's have some fun with math. The FLIR Vue Pro (camera only) costs between $2k-$3.5k. The X3 (camera & gimbal) costs $550. That's how I came up with my $3k estimate.

the prices I have been told which were given to someone doing some beta testing would suggest it is in fact a Tau2 and we do know for certain that it does in fact have a Tau2 core, but then so does the vue pro, but the XT specs say it has spot metering which the vues do not have, and the temp settings are way better than the vues, and add the digital processing, all the fancy image enhancement software etc etc....and you can see the price going up and up and up......................if it was 3K I would have 2 lol.........I have no idea personally m8 but looking at the spec it is going to be at the higher end of the market - also sensitivity at <50mK @f1.0 same as Tau2, pixel pitch 17um as Tau2......soooooooooo.......look at the tau2 data and look at XT and it looks like a tau2 to me !! FLIR Tau 2 Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera Core

Last edited:
I thought someone said that was the p3 prototype!!

It could be/have been.
Maybe too ambitious at the time.

Why can't it be the P4 now?

It could be/have been.
Maybe too ambitious at the time.

Why can't it be the P4 now?
Because it doesn't look like a development on the p3 I think a new phantom body design design will be created especially to help with the arm stress fracture problem plus it won't be called a p4 because the Chinese don't like the number 4 like we don't like to use 13 for various reasons!!

So no reason then. Just the same as me saying it could be.

Why is it that people get upset about a new product being released? It's not like the phantom 3 is going to suddenly become a "bad" device when the new phantom 4 or whatever it's called is released. Your phantom 3 is still going to be just as good after the March 1st release as it was the day before.
By the way, nothing against phantom owners… I've seen this trend with almost any new device.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Juventino
Let's make some observations that may lead to a conclusion:
  • DJI focus favors consumer over professional.
  • DJI reusing technologies across different product lines (e.g. Inspire FC, VPS, etc. on P3).
  • DJI P3 product line is fully saturated.
  • DJI Inspire line still has room for new product.
  • DJI sees competition encroaching at the bottom end of the product mix (e.g. cheap clones).
  • DJI has unique brand recognition and PR power. Only they can make noise like these announcements.
  • DJI sees itself as the Apple of drones making better quality drones that command higher prices.
  • Invite image is good composite between I1 and P3 body shapes.
Maybe a new Inspire. Possibly smaller and priced between P3 and I1 with new consumer X cam.
I think your assessment is pretty accurate. The Typhoon H has a lot of features that should be implemented in DJI's lineup so I could see a step between the two.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4