DJI major announcement ?

Might be a coincidence, but I was reading the T&C of an online contest for a signed P3P, and first 2000 to get 10% off at P3P. (DJI - WRC 2016)

"The individual voucher and discount is only valid until February, 29th, 2016, 23:59 (GMT+8)"

Interesting discount only valid till the day before mentioned announcement... Hmmmm

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Might be a coincidence, but I was reading the T&C of an online contest for a signed P3P, and first 2000 to get 10% off at P3P. (DJI - WRC 2016)

"The individual voucher and discount is only valid until February, 29th, 2016, 23:59 (GMT+8)"

Interesting discount only valid till the day before mentioned announcement... Hmmmm

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I smell a Phantom 4! Cant Wait!!!:D:D:D

Reactions: Prowler
Wow! Thank you so much for this, this announcement will decide if I get P3 or P4... But I really wanted to wait for this before making the decision, in spite of all the P3 sales that's been happening...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

this announcement will decide if I get P3 or P4... But I really wanted to wait for this before making the decision
Even if it's a P4, you'll most likely have to wait a few months after the announcement. DJI normally does not start shipping a new product right after announcing it.

Once you have one upgrades don't register on the wife's radar as long as it is still white lol.

That'll be my luck, the Phantom 4 will be black. I'll have to buy a P4, a can of spray paint, convince my wife that I'm that skilled at painting (I'm not), and sell my P3 for enough that it doesn't make too much of a dent in the credit card bill.

All I can say is it better be one hell of an upgrade.

Reactions: koop
That'll be my luck, the Phantom 4 will be black. I'll have to buy a P4, a can of spray paint, convince my wife that I'm that skilled at painting (I'm not), and sell my P3 for enough that it doesn't make too much of a dent in the credit card bill.

All I can say is it better be one hell of an upgrade.

The photo doing the rounds of the supposedly Phantom 4 box show it has a black top half of the shell.

lol :D well it's not inspire for sure, when they launched inspire at CES this year, they used different gfx and it actually looked like inspire. this is something totally new or "just" new in phantom line, p4 or what ever name they will use for it.

71dffe1aa71465fb99c6b4f70af31ee5.jpg

Looks like a Phantom To me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jussaguy
Even if it's a P4, you'll most likely have to wait a few months after the announcement. DJI normally does not start shipping a new product right after announcing it.

Yeah that is not a problem. If it turns out to be the P4 announcement and if I decide to go for that model instead of the older and maybe cheaper P3, I'll wait for the reviews and wait after that an extra couple of months because I don't want the ones that were first off the assembly line. I'd rather wait and check things out.

I always do this for tech products because I've been burnt too many times when I was too eager...

71dffe1aa71465fb99c6b4f70af31ee5.jpg

Looks like a Phantom To me

To me I like to think the blue dots at the top of the lines hint at something elevating up, such as a quad.

could even go as far as thinking the image in its full silhouette symbolizes a 3-armed, 6 propellor vessel of pure awesomeness.

Yes, but I have a funny feeling that the Zenmuse XT is going to blow that device out of the water. Plus, I can use it on my Inspires and (hopefully) on my Osmo.

you wont want it when you see the price !!....commercial product, commercial price

It's going to be about the XT.
Pricing and lens options etc, NO P4. Heard this from a DJI dealer who spoke to them at the CES in Vegas.
There will be very limited quantities available. Only select customers. So with that being said these units will certainly increase the price above MSRP just like limited production cars.

the XT is going to be very expensive, you only need to look at the price of the Tau2 camera alone to see when you add in integration and a shiny new gimbal......big bucks guys

image.jpeg

So to the people on here who say they know about the Phantom 4. Is this what it looks like?

Retractable landing legs?

And is that an X8 config?

Black upper shell would not be good for hot climates.

I would be content with an upgraded camera for the P3. Maybe a P3P+ model?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair