DJI major announcement ?

I know past performance is not indicative of future results, but my P3P worked well when I received it shortly after DJI shipped the first units. Nothing will ever be perfect -- no matter how much testing they do.

I'm sure any company as large as dji doesn't release a product without going an extensive beta process…

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, of course, it's called 'customers' - they don't call it the bleeding edge for nothing.

They fixed the ______ (insert answer from below).

a. sudden battery death.
b. X5 flicker.
c. X5 Cine and Log modes.
d. VPS.
e. P3 motor mount cracks.
f. P3 props flying off.

You know, I actually had f. happen to me a few days ago, I had chalked it up to my fault for not tightening it properly (the self tightening prop). Fortunately I was only a foot and half above grass so no damage. It was difficult to find the prop though it flew like 30 feet away.

You know, I actually had f. happen to me a few days ago, I had chalked it up to my fault for not tightening it properly (the self tightening prop). Fortunately I was only a foot and half above grass so no damage. It was difficult to find the prop though it flew like 30 feet away.

Wouldn't that happen as a result of the (plastic) threads inside the propeller wearing out? I've been looking for a case for the P3A that doesn't require removing the propellers every time. Any thoughts?

I've been looking for a case for the P3A that doesn't require removing the propellers every time. Any thoughts?
My first thought -- what's the plan when your Phantom drops out of the air because you did not do a pre-flight check to ensure the props were not damaged?

Wouldn't that happen as a result of the (plastic) threads inside the propeller wearing out? I've been looking for a case for the P3A that doesn't require removing the propellers every time. Any thoughts?

Oddly enough the prop was new. I found it, ensured that it was on tight, then flew very carefully until I was sure there was no issue and it has been fine since. I had the same desire to not take the props off to pack it up, but at the end of the day the trade off between the size of the backpack and the 30 seconds it takes to remove or put them back on supported buying the DJI hardshell and I just remove them when finished. I have since cut the foam so I can fit my Galaxy Tab s2 9.7 in it and am very happy with it.

It's going to be about the XT.
Pricing and lens options etc, NO P4. Heard this from a DJI dealer who spoke to them at the CES in Vegas.
There will be very limited quantities available. Only select customers. So with that being said these units will certainly increase the price above MSRP just like limited production cars.

Oddly enough the prop was new. I found it, ensured that it was on tight, then flew very carefully until I was sure there was no issue and it has been fine since. I had the same desire to not take the props off to pack it up, but at the end of the day the trade off between the size of the backpack and the 30 seconds it takes to remove or put them back on supported buying the DJI hardshell and I just remove them when finished. I have since cut the foam so I can fit my Galaxy Tab s2 9.7 in it and am very happy with it.

Do you recall how you tightened the prop the time it came off? Where you just hovering?

I would like to see Lightbridge 2 in the new Phantom 4.

Uhhhm, what is the XT? Is that the thermal camera? Yawn. You can't do a big press launch over a thermal camera.

Reactions: Meta4
What exactly does this mean? DJI will not be selling them from their website?

What I mean is that only the gimbal will be shipped from China to the US because of export restrictions. Then depending where you live in the world you'll be allowed either the 7hz, 30hz or 60hz camera. Then you'll decide which lense you want. The 30 or 60hz camera may be given out to legit businesses or government. It may not be a 1st come 1st served. Maybe you can put in your order on their web site but you may have to supply some documentation. That's what I heard.

It's too bad that it's only IR and not a combo unit with RGB camera, not that would be worth an announcement.

Do you recall how you tightened the prop the time it came off? Where you just hovering?

I was flying slowly, just started going forwards and it fell out of the sky. The really odd part is that I had flown it for a good 30 seconds covering over 100 ft. just before that happened. I landed it to put an sd card in, then it happened right when taking off the second time.

Well this is exciting I don't own a phantom yet but am planning to buy one once the weather warms up either a P3A or P3P. Will be interesting to see what the big news is before I buy.

I was flying slowly, just started going forwards and it fell out of the sky. The really odd part is that I had flown it for a good 30 seconds covering over 100 ft. just before that happened. I landed it to put an sd card in, then it happened right when taking off the second time.

Do you remember how tight you installed the props? Did you just spin them to the hub?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj