DJI Lightbridge

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a vision 2+ and i also decided to purchase the 2.4G Full HD Digital Video Downlink from another supplier. Has anyone read any where that it is confirmed the 2 are compatible? I read one article stating it should be but finding little info as of yet.

Sixfeet said:
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a vision 2+ and i also decided to purchase the 2.4G Full HD Digital Video Downlink from another supplier. Has anyone read any where that it is confirmed the 2 are compatible? I read one article stating it should be but finding little info as of yet.

Brave man ordering that combination without knowing if they are compatible.
I am really keen on the LB as well but going to wait and see how it pans out.

The light bridge uses 2.4 GHz so is not compatable with the Vision.

It also requires a TX with a trainer port.

Kevinski said:

What about this video then: http://instagram.com/p/md-47FtQYg/
That's a Vision+ with Lightbridge.

And anyway, why would the frequency have any bearing on whether Lightbridge was compatible or not? The Lightbridge unit replaces both control and video downlink with a single, multiplexed 2.4GHz channel.

rilot said:
Kevinski said:

What about this video then: http://instagram.com/p/md-47FtQYg/
That's a Vision+ with Lightbridge.

And anyway, why would the frequency have any bearing on whether Lightbridge was compatible or not? The Lightbridge unit replaces both control and video downlink with a single, multiplexed 2.4GHz channel.

For the vision you would connect to the USB port vs a trainer port and yes this should work with the vision if the light bridge accepts its video input plug. According to that instagram video apparently it will work with the vision plus.

Thanks everyone !!
I will let you know in a several weeks how it performs, back-order status at the moment.

No I don't think the extra TX will matter. The light bridge works off 2.4 and the vision is 5.8. You would need a RX that receives a 5.8 signal. It might possibly work but would require some DIY or an adapter if DJI decides to go that route. I think the light bridge was really geared towards the S1000 and thus not designed for the vision. Technically the vision is already using the lightbridge but in a smaller more dumbed down version.

Sure, that would work if you only want to use the Lightbridge as a video downlink.

Earlier in this thread someone posted a short video of the P2V+ with a lightbridge installed....just need to find out how because I'm not seeing an HDMI port on the P2V+. There should be info from dealers, etc soon enough.

Ksc said:
No I don't think the extra TX will matter. The light bridge works off 2.4 and the vision is 5.8. You would need a RX that receives a 5.8 signal. It might possibly work but would require some DIY or an adapter if DJI decides to go that route. I think the light bridge was really geared towards the S1000 and thus not designed for the vision. Technically the vision is already using the lightbridge but in a smaller more dumbed down version.

It doesn't matter what operating frequency your transmiter is when used with light bridge as it won't be using the actual transmiter in your controller it all goes through the light bridge.

I don't speak or read Chinese but I found this video that shows DJI intentionally installing a 5.8GHz Rx to work with the Lightbridge:

http://youtu.be/K_T128TdKjo

It would be great if someone could translate whats being said there especially when they have that shot of the 5.8 Tx in frame.

Also, from the NAB video here, http://youtu.be/GTlPIeYMnEI at 3:17 you'll see that the video downlink is not via the HDMI but via the special AV cable next to it.

Well I finally received an email back from DJI and it does not look good:

Anthony C.
Anthony C. (DJI Technology)
Apr 07 09:37
Thank you for your email.
The Phantom 2 Vision and Vision Plus will not work with the groundstation or Lightbridge. There will be a free app update to the DJi Vision app in 4-6 weeks, enabling waypoint control for these models.
You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.
Thank you.
Customer Service Representative

So it looks like i will just order a S1000 and live with 15 min fly times :cry:

Sixfeet said:
Well I finally received an email back from DJI and it does not look good:

Anthony C.
Anthony C. (DJI Technology)
Apr 07 09:37
Thank you for your email.
The Phantom 2 Vision and Vision Plus will not work with the groundstation or Lightbridge. There will be a free app update to the DJi Vision app in 4-6 weeks, enabling waypoint control for these models.
You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.
Thank you.
Customer Service Representative

So it looks like i will just order a S1000 and live with 15 min fly times :cry:

Why not just buy a P2 non-vision?
Lot cheaper than an s1000 and longer flightime too.

Actually good idea, did not think about going backwards in a sense. Just not sure about the GO PRO quality via Lightbridge

Sixfeet said:
Actually good idea, did not think about going backwards in a sense. Just not sure about the GO PRO quality via Lightbridge

Well I hope its good as that is what I am going to be using :D

Not sure why that dealer posted false information, but a DJI rep at NAB just told me that the Lightbridge is not compatible with the vision+.

Adam said:
Not sure why that dealer posted false information, but a DJI rep at NAB just told me that the Lightbridge is not compatible with the vision+.

Disappointing. But if it was, they wouldn't have anything to include on the P2V++ (not backward-compatible, of course). :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31