Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI-Last Chance to Send in Your Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaywils, Mar 25, 2015.

1. jaywils

I got an email today from DJI announcing their contest to submit a video and tell your story about how DJI changed your life, either personally or professionally. I looked at the videos submitted from all over the the world and there were some good ones for sure.

Then I looked at what the (5) winners in each category would get and it's not much. What they are getting for a few thousand dollars (retail) is at least a full year's worth of marketing materials with full rights for videos and personal endorsements. Pure Genius.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I would have submitted myself had they raised the number of/or offered better prizes.
    C'mon DJI, you only offer five lousy prizes of things I don't need for a worldwide contest?

DJI is a great company and I love their products, but GoPro is also working on a drone. In these days, allegiances can change quickly and often over small things.

2. johnp44

They would probably renege on it anyway like they did with the free battery I was supposed to receive. But I am getting the last laugh, they could have sent me a dozen batteries for all the sales I have steered to purchasing a Q500 instead. Little do they know how easy it is to convert potential DJI buyers to other models. I guess that is why they are desperate for people to send in videos and ideas.

3. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

:? What do ya mean { how easy it is to convert potential DJI buyers to other models ] ?