DJI Lanyard - The Future of Possible... Repairs

Reaction score
After a short flight today, I still had the DJI lanyard around my neck holding my Phantom 4 Remote, when it suddenly crashed to the lawn about 4 feet below, and the iPadmini 3 popped out of the holder.

After that I couldn't get the remote to connect in DJI Go. Fortunately, it turned out to be the USB>Lightning cable that went bad. However!

If you want to use the DJI lanyard, remove the clip at the end and use a split key ring to connect the remote and the D-ring on the lanyard. No easy on/off, but no need to ship the remote off for repairs if the drop breaks it.

DJI lanyard - The Future of Possible Repairs.jpg

DJI now offers an official DJI lanyard. I haven't tried it in person yet, but the clip on the end looks sturdier than the average 3rd lanyard.

You mean the ubiquitous white one is not "official" from DJI? I'd still suggest my solution and not trust my remote to a spring clip. Everyone, find your own solution, but mine pretty much guarantees accidental remote-drop prevention. Buy one of those or another brand, but the split-ring is pretty much fail-proof. I've never felt a need to remove the lanyard while packing.

Correct. This is the first lanyard DJI has released.

I know Target sells DJI products. Does it look like the photo above? I didn't see it on their website.

I have 3 TX's and all have their own strap but they all came with that same clasp . Was the first thing to go and replaced with these
IMG_4115.JPG works for me . Looks big there but aren't .Have the same thing on a strap just like DiverDan has .
Those clasp just looked like an accident waiting to happen to me .I leave mine on also DD :)

After a short flight today, I still had the DJI lanyard around my neck holding my Phantom 4 Remote, when it suddenly crashed to the lawn about 4 feet below, and the iPadmini 3 popped out of the holder.

After that I couldn't get the remote to connect in DJI Go. Fortunately, it turned out to be the USB>Lightning cable that went bad. However!

If you want to use the DJI lanyard, remove the clip at the end and use a split key ring to connect the remote and the D-ring on the lanyard. No easy on/off, but no need to ship the remote off for repairs if the drop breaks it.

View attachment 52868

OK, folks, here's my rescue for the original photo:
Lanyard fix.jpg

Anyone with a Dremel Mototool or similar can do it. You leave the lanyard attached, but not a problem for packing. Did you ever remove it anyway?. The picture is worth 1k words.

Do it before it breaks.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj