DJI Lacks Recognition

Reaction score
It doesn't take long to realize the members on this website save DJI a great deal of negative public relations, and negative media. Not only that, but members here also save them a lot of money. And this takes place with absolutely NO support from DJI whatsoever. For the most part we R&D their products on our own dime. This is the only website of it's size that is totally dedicated to DJI products. I could go on with listing positive points about the members here, but I won't.

I realize DJI pays people to look after the forums on their website, like several do here. They also pay a international group to handle only things with the internet. The group was suppose to be 4-5 strong, but that may have changed. I do know one of them assigned to the US region is the only one of that group that is generally seen on any website. Problem is, he almost rarely makes any kind of appearance on this website. And if he does it is only to paste some type of news related to DJI. There is NO conversing with any members here on the only totally dedicated to DJI website. This impacts any communication we might have with DJI directly. We end up having to fend for ourselves and speculate what might take place on each subject related to DJI. It's highly doubtful anyone at DJI knows the lack of presence and support we have from their company.

If DJI had any inside communication coming from this website, and then knew how much this website benefited their company, they would clearly recognize those associated with this site and extend their hand in some manner. But that is just not the case, currently. We need this to change somehow.

Anyone care to share some ideas on how we might go about opening the lines of communication with DJI?

Forums are primarily for people that want to complain.....If I was a betting man I would bet that they sold way more units than the amount of forum members are on here.....the phantom truly is a marvel when it comes to technology and flying so if the product isn't as bad as it seems on here, than DJI will do nothing to change the way they do things in house....

1st_time_flyer said:
Forums are primarily for people that want to complain.....If I was a betting man I would bet that they sold way more units than the amount of forum members are on here.....the phantom truly is a marvel when it comes to technology and flying so if the product isn't as bad as it seems on here, than DJI will do nothing to change the way they do things in house....

I'm not sure how your post has much to do with what was posted.

The bottom line message was to discuss possible methods on how to become recognized by DJI for how this website has been a obvious benefit to that company.

Look to almost any product related forum. You'll get the 3rd party posts, but not often the OEM posts.
Attempting to put myself in their shoes, for cost and PR, most support is reactive, not proactive.
As soon as they start participating here, if they fail to respond adequately, publicly, it will create negative impressions.

flyNfrank said:
I could go on with listing positive points about the members here, but I won't.

Do go on...

flyNfrank said:
Anyone care to share some ideas on how we might go about opening the lines of communication with DJI?

As much as I would appreciate transparency and open lines of communication, it doesn't appear to be in DJI's DNA. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Maybe they think that if Apple can be successful without it, they can too.

1st_time_flyer said:
Forums are primarily for people that want to complain.....

Rubbish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic