DJI is pumping out repairs

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my recent experience with people who are on the fence about sending their unit in for repair or not. This would be for people in the United States because I am not sure what the deal is in other countries.

I have 3 recent repair experiences:

I send in both of my 2 units for crack repair and they both were turned around well within the 2-3 week repair time. In one case they just replaced the Phantom completely and I was sent the version with the new motors. In the second case they replaced the bottom shell. I had tracking numbers for the returning shipments about 4-5 business days after DJI received them.

Then in a 3rd case one of those units (the one with the new motors I received as a replacement) would not connect. I was experiencing the "No Signal" situation. I mailed out the unit to DJI on 11/3 using their label and RMA information and I have already been notified that the unit is repaired and on its way back expected delivery is 11/19.

I wouldn't hesitate to send the unit to DJI if you are experiencing what may be a warranty issue or any type of cracking. They will turn it around pretty quickly.

I had same experience. 3 weeks on first RMA and 10days on the last. Granted my first repair resulted in them sending me a new unit with a sub par camera which I complained about and they fixed within 10days. Overall I'm surprised at how well they can turn and burn these repairs without asking the consumer to cough up much more than a dime in most cases, even eating shipping costs.

Things may change after xmas when 15 year olds start smashing them into the ground, hut right now I've got no gripes with the repair process.

Reactions: III% Streve
I sent my P3P Monday 11/9/15, they checked it in on Wednesday, 11/11 repaired it and sent to FedEx on Monday 11/16 and its due back Thursday 11/19. I think thats a big improvement over past reports.

**UPDATE**
It came in a day early. 9 days from my hands back into my hands. They paid FedEx both ways. I just hope it's really fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: III% Streve
I had the same experience. I shipped out on Friday and they sent it back working perfectly exactly 2 weeks to the day. 1 week to ship and 1 week to fix. I'm happy with the service.

Great to hear. Especially since I may need to send mine in. Brings to mind what has changed at DJI for the times to go from months to several weeks?

They paid fedex (4days shipping both ways) for me. Sent in 12/20. Got back 01/15. Powered off mid flight and fell to the earth. I was quoted 8 weeks for return times thank god it was barely 3 . I still don't like the opaqueness of the whole rma process. . Corresponding with customers , to me , is very important during servicing whether warranties or not . I was never told why my bird fell or what was replace or fixed , wasn't even told that it was warranties until the day it shipped back to me when I just so happened to call in . No problems thus far on my p3p.

Ps my bird fell from about 15 ft into my back yard grass. Camera/gimbal broke off and was as much as I can tell as far as damages

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers