DJI is going the wrong way?

Reaction score
As I read all the topics at this forum I was wondering what is going wrong with DJI?
I see all the problems with the new Vision 2 v3 about ESC and burning engines.Also some major problems with the Inspire before launch.DJI was all in silence.I was thinking of buying an Inspire because of the range by flying this thing.But now you're limited by the app if you want to go further away then 500 mtr in a cirkel.You can't go up more then 500 mtr up from starting point.So now I will have a problem because I want to go to the French Alps.Thinking of flying up on those mountains,but staying at 40 mtr above the ground.So there will be a problem I guess.
I have flown the Inspire last week and it's a great machine!Due to the weather conditions not far and not long.But I wanted this thing for long flights as DJI says, 2 km far and up to 4,5 km.See there advertisement.I don' t want to go up t 4,5 k(stupid to say this in an advertisement),but 1000 mtr far should be no problem.I do this on regular occasions above lakes,rivers and the sea.
But DJI makes the Inspire with a flighttime of 18 minutes in perfect conditions.Last week I did just over 15 minutes.So instead of making a machine that goes up to 4,5k they better invest in a longer flighttime.And making the new Phantom 2 v3 better.
I surely will wait for buying other DJI products and will have a serieus look at other brands too.
Don't get me wrong,I really like my Phantom despite of the fragile gimbal.And DJI makes good products,but it's my money and I want to be convinced that I buy for that money good stuff.

huppe said:
I see all the problems with the new Vision 2 v3 about ESC and burning engines.
I think it's pretty safe to say that there are more people who haven't had a problem. It's just a hot topic right now.

There has not been one company in history who hasn't had an increase of complaints after an increase of manufacturing of a product. From Apple to Microsoft to Xerox - it's just the natural state of things, unfortunately.

The thing that will make or break DJI is how they handle these things. Reviews of that process have been mixed. They definitely need to do better.

Yes I know all these things are going to happen.But my point is that DJI is making drones(or copters) for a while and right now I have a feeling that they are pushing there production to sell whatever and then they will see what happens.And for sure there are more flying Visions then Visions with problems.But My opinion is that they are not taking enough time right now.Spare parts for the Inspire are very hard to get.As far for the Vision 2 v3 I think that the problems right now shouldn't be there.They have enough experience with all the other Phantom's.
As Morgon quoted;How will they handle this.I'm not against DJI.I own a Vision and I really like it.
That 's why I quoted :is DJI going the wrong way.I hope not,because if you compare them with other names,they still make good stuff.
But bying an Inspire will have to wait.

huppe said:
But now you're limited by the app if you want to go further away then 500 mtr in a cirkel.You can't go up more then 500 mtr up from starting point.So now I will have a problem because I want to go to the French Alps.Thinking of flying up on those mountains,but staying at 40 mtr above the ground.So there will be a problem I guess.
It seems that you have misunderstood this. You are able to configure the limits.

Not anymore after the last update.You can set a range between 10 -500 mtr hight limit

huppe said:
Not anymore after the last update.You can set a range between 10 -500 mtr hight limit

Is it to with a dumb mode and advanced mode?
I heard Cheng say it in a conference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik