DJI iOSD-mini shortage sets my plans back five weeks!

Reaction score
Some of you are waiting for a report from me on the P2 + Sony RX100 on a Dronexpert FPV platform + DJI iOSD-mini.

Well I'm afraid you're going to have to wait a while longer because, yesterday, I received an apologetic email from my French dealer (Studiosport.fr) confessing that they couldn't test my set-up before despatch because they had run out of stock of the DJI iOSD-mini. Of course, it never crossed their minds to set one aside, together with the P2, while they were awaiting delivery of the platform from Dronexpert :roll:

The even worse news was that DJI have told them that there is a worldwide back-order situation re iOSD minis totalling 6,000 units and that they (Studiosport) don't expect to receive any more before the end of March!

Aaargghh!! :evil:

I think its ridiculous that DJI allow stock shortages like this to happen. :twisted:
They MUST know how many Phantoms they are selling, and at what rate.

Jeez !!

Thanks for the heads-up on that. I'll contact Studiosport on Monday morning to check if they're OK with me buying this and having it shipped to them for fitting to my kit. I just hope that the four he has in stock are still there on Monday!

On second thoughts, I think I'll order it anyway and if there's a problem with Studiosport I can always sell it on, unused.

I give up. I just tried to order that and despite saying on the British eBay site that the seller will post to France, and on the French eBay site that the vendeur will post anywhere in Europe, I can purchase from neither site because....

"One or more of the items below can't be purchased because the seller has not specified postage costs to the location selected.
Change your address or remove the items to continue.
You may also contact the seller for an exception."

Frickin' unbelievable!

I am too still waiting for it as I made my order from fpv.co.uk from mid Feb. and until today it is still backordered.

The iOSD mini is a must have for me as I ordered a complete FPV Package.

:cry:

Guys, I managed to buy that mini iosd that was on ebay.

If anyone wants it, let me know.
First come first served.
I will charge what it cost me:
68.99 euro + 12.50 euro delivery.

Cheers

Most dealers are out of stock, but I managed to order one from this place in London, they have a fair few in stock if anyone is looking.

The US doesn't seem to have this problem for some reason. I received one from Amazon about a week ago no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.