DJI ioSD Mark 2 to Phantom 2

Reaction score
Do I have to go into the internals and solder the bare battery power leads (I will have to cut off the Dean's end on the Mark 2) onto the inside battery terminal of the Phantom 2 to make it work as the ioSD Mark 2 comes with a Deans (?) terminal (as in the old Phantom 1)? Obviously there is no plug in for that style battery on the Phantom 2, as it is hard wired. The only video I could find was made by a guy who was asking the same question, so there's not a single tutorial out there explaining how to accomplish this. Thanks for your help! Mark

Mark Picard said:
Do I have to go into the internals and solder the bare leads (I will have to cut off the Dean's end) onto the inside battery terminal to make it work as the ioSD Mark 2 comes with a Deans (?) terminal (as in the old Phantom 1)? Obviously there is no plug in for that style battery on the Phantom 2, as it is hard wired. The only video I could find was made by a guy who was asking the same question, so there's not a single tutorial out there explaining how to accomplish this. Thanks for your help! Mark

You could use the DJI FPV hub for a no-solder solution. I did it on mine (with H3-3D and AVL58) and then you don't need the power leads at all, so they can be removed. Overview of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1rEk3CdMnE Skip to 4:45 to see the hub and iOSD Mk2 and no power lines required.

You could use the DJI FPV hub for a no-solder solution. I did it on mine (with H3-3D and AVL58) and then you don't need the power leads at all, so they can be removed. Overview of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1rEk3CdMnE Skip to 4:45 to see the hub and iOSD Mk2 and no power lines required.

Thanks a ton for that info! I too have the H3-3D and AVL58 with the FPV Hub that I have already installed, so I guess that's all I need! I see from that video (thanks again for that) that he just clipped of the red and black power wires from his Mark 2. I assume using the FPV Hub it will get it's own power from the various wiring configurations it has. I'm almost ready for my first flight!

Mark Picard said:

Thanks a ton for that info! I too have the H3-3D and AVL58 with the FPV Hub that I have already installed, so I guess that's all I need! I see from that video (thanks again for that) that he just clipped of the red and black power wires from his Mark 2. I assume using the FPV Hub it will get it's own power from the various wiring configurations it has. I'm almost ready for my first flight!

It does take the power from the hub and he did just clip the leads. I know because he is me, and that's my setup! ;)

I think the power to actually run the iOSD mkII still comes off the canbus connection...the separate power leads you're clipping are used for the built-in PMU that can power a standard FPV camera. Since you don't have one of those connected, that part isn't used at all. The port on the OSD that connects to the FPV hub cable doesn't have provisions for sending power in, only out.

One of the cool features of the mkII is the ability to switch input sources while in the air. I haven't tested that yet, but it's on my list.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik