DJI Investment in DroneBase

Reaction score
Pretty proud of this and since all of you enjoy DJI products, I figured I'd post on how DJI has just re-invested in us at DroneBase along with Union Square Ventures, Accel and Upfront. 99% of the jobs that have gone through our platform have been flown by Inspires and Phantoms and a number of qualified pilots in these forums have helped us get to this point. So thank you for all of your help.

DroneBase raises from Union Square to pay any pilot for aerial footage

Reactions: SkyCandyStudios
Hey Nick!
Congrats on the funding!
I do have a question though; the article states that "civilians can join DroneBase’s Pilot Program."
What exactly does this mean? I do not have an account yet, so apparently I can not read the rules.
Does this imply that an everyday joe can buy a P4 and start flying for you? Do you not have a 107/333 enforcement?
As a 107 licensed pilot I am interested to hear :)
Thanks!

Hi, Nick. I know that legislations are different in every country, although they are signs of standardization among them. Are you thinking yet to expand your business abroad, like Europe?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Good morning Nick. Thanks for the update. It's good seeing such a positive trend in our industry.

I've worked with DroneBase and have had a great experience with it.

Reactions: Nick DroneBase
So I just looked at Dronebase. The map they provide of "work" seems to be a listing of all residential real estate properties in my area. Is that the gist of this application, that they hope to sell the images to real estate agents?

Reactions: Nick DroneBase
So I just looked at Dronebase. The map they provide of "work" seems to be a listing of all residential real estate properties in my area. Is that the gist of this application, that they hope to sell the images to real estate agents?

What we're seeing is a large mix of data companies purchasing these panos aside from just the broker/agent. A decent amount of sold properties are still being acquired.

Reactions: Tricky
What we're seeing is a large mix of data companies purchasing these panos aside from just the broker/agent. A decent amount of sold properties are still being acquired.
what is the average amount a pilot could be paid for a pano mission? I know there are lots of factors but can you throw out a realistic number range?

what is the average amount a pilot could be paid for a pano mission? I know there are lots of factors but can you throw out a realistic number range?

Im still wondering about this myself. Im signed up went out and did a couple missions just to try it out this past week. Pretty easy work ill probably do a couple more but if i don't see any $$$ then I'm just wasting my time.

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
Im still wondering about this myself. Im signed up went out and did a couple missions just to try it out this past week. Pretty easy work ill probably do a couple more but if i don't see any $$$ then I'm just wasting my time.

Please let us know

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20