DJI Inspire 1-1345 Propeller Locks Announcement

Reaction score
The Inspire 1 Propeller Lock is designed to secure the 1345 propellers in place during flight.

Inspire_1_001.jpg

Inspire_1_002.jpg

Inspire_1_003.jpg

Inspire_1_004.jpg

Installation Demonstration:

1. Tighten the propellers on the motor by hand, and ensure they are securely mounted.

Inspire_1_005.jpg

2. Align the tips of propeller lock with the ventilation holes on the motor and slide the propeller lock onto the nut of propeller.

Inspire_1_006.jpg

3. Press the propeller lock against the motor firmly, and installation is complete.

Inspire_1_007.jpg

Examine to ensure the propeller lock is tight on the motor before each flight.

Inspire_1_008.jpg

Inspire_1_009.jpg

Removal:
Squeeze the tips of the propeller lock to release, twist the propeller lock obliquely to separate it from the motor.
After removing, store the propeller locks in a safe place for future use.

Notes
These Propeller Locks will become available next Monday. If you ordered your Inspire 1 from the DJI Online Store, they will automatically be shipped to you. If you purchased your Inspire 1 at an authorized DJI dealer, you can collect them there. DJI recommends that you do not attempt flying your Inspire 1 before receiving and installing the Propeller Locks. If you have to fly your Inspire 1, please ensure the propellers are securely mounted before each flight.

Inspire_1_010.jpg

Because a couple of users have had props fly off.
It's possible they were not properly seated before flight but DJI took it very seriously.
It's a shame they did nothing about the critical flaw in GPS shielding on the Phantom for so long.

Meta4 said:
It's a shame they did nothing about the critical flaw in GPS shielding on the Phantom for so long.

Something I should know? Never read about this anywhere. Or is this Phantom 1 only?

Fyod said:
Meta4 said:

Something I should know? Never read about this anywhere. Or is this Phantom 1 only?

There has been a huge discussion on this in the PV+ group.

Multiple threads and solutions to problem.

Fyod said:
Meta4 said:

If you have a Phantom 2, 2 Vision or 2V+ more than about two months old, it has a serious flaw in the GPS shielding that needs the foil mod to be able to fly reliably. This was fixed in the latest update version. The foil mod is cheap, easy and has been discussed at length on the forums.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31054

nice little gadgets , wouldn't you think that DJI would have noticed the problem before selling the inspire to customers?!! DJI must have the worst testing department on the planet. if I was starting now I'd probably get the X4 scout over the phantom vision plus whatever version its up to now.

Problem is walkera also have bad testing as well, lots of motor wires breaking in flight.

It won't be a surprise to anyone if the machines approved for commercial flight doesn't include the DJI stuff will it? Reliability will be a requirement to fly for hire. That is NOT what DJI is known for.

Meta4 said:
Fyod said:
Meta4 said:

If you have a Phantom 2, 2 Vision or 2V+ more than about two months old, it has a serious flaw in the GPS shielding that needs the foil mod to be able to fly reliably. This was fixed in the latest update version. The foil mod is cheap, easy and has been discussed at length on the forums.

This is not an accurate characterization for all models. A foil mod may improve GPS accuracy. It is not needed to fly reliably. At least not for non-Vision models.

ianwood said:
Meta4 said:
Fyod said:

This is not an accurate characterization for all models. A foil mod may improve GPS accuracy. It is not needed to fly reliably. At least not for non-Vision models.
+1 - I have a non-vision as well, and have not had any problem in getting over the required number of satellites, nor any problems in reliably flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl