DJI if you are listening on waypoints

Reaction score
From all the beta video I've seen you can't set speed to each waypoint. This is a must! Please add speed to point. Thanks.

I'm curious what your thoughts are about speeding. I'm not down playing it, just wonder why you're pointing it out.

flyNfrank said:
I'm curious what your thoughts are about speeding. I'm not down playing it, just wonder why you're pointing it out.

Distance covered/battery

Let's say I want to fly 4 corners of 640 acres. I need it to go more than 7 mph to get it done with enough battery remaining to feel good. I picked 7 mph because that's what I saw in the latest beta video.

I also want to be able to control camera orientation during the route but that's probably asking too much from DJI. :roll:

pault said:
gfredrone said:

I also want to be able to control camera orientation during the route but that's probably asking too much from DJI. :roll:

Do you think we will be able to tell the camera to shoot at predetermined points ?
No - definitely not, according to the beta test thread at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156939. There is no automated camera control - that's strictly manual.

The best we will get is the ability to operate the camera control buttons (including tilt) during the mission. You can pause a mission, take some pictures, and then resume it. Unfortunately, it appears that any manual flight-control while paused will abort the mission. This apparently includes even just yawing the Phantom to aim the camera.

Just wondering why they cant incorporate some sort of course lock or home lock with the way points, that way you could have a different yaw angle as it flies rather than just the straight forward look?

Edit: sure I suppose if that was the case they'd be able to let us yaw while in waypoints. Just confirms yet again why I'll have zero use for this pointless function.

Eric Cheng from DJI did another live-stream of a flight using the new Vision App with Waypoints feature today:
http://skypixel.org/post/87844495874

He streamed this live as he flew a Waypoints mission over the Stanford campus. He used a Vision Plus, but the exact same app and features will also work with the regular Vision.

He refused to give a specific release date for the new app, but said it was "imminent"....

jimre said:
Unfortunately, it appears that any manual flight-control while paused will abort the mission. This apparently includes even just yawing the Phantom to aim the camera.
That is a BIG mistake for DJI missing the market place.

I thought they would rapidly evolve their software base and hence a big reason why I bought in on the P2V+.

But if I cant by 3rd quarter 2014 yaw and pitch the camera while the drone fly's automatically down range, then there is little main stream market value in the platform.

Competition is coming and DJI better wise up on practical utility of a machine out to do peoples bidding.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4