DJI Hinting at a P4?

How are you guys getting 9000-10000 meters? I use a windsurfer and can't get better than 3,000 meters out of my P3A under ideal conditions with direct LOS
I am using itelite DBSMods but remember all these long range videos looooook where they are flying middle of noooooo where and LOS no wifi interferance,I also have wifi boosters...with out boosters I still flew 9000 meters one way and even with battery mod max distance one way would be 10000 meters.i fly into wind fly till batt hits 65% then u must turn around that gives you 35% left for return flight 30% for error fly safe

Reactions: chiefop
I am using itelite DBSMods but remember all these long range videos looooook where they are flying middle of noooooo where and LOS no wifi interferance,I also have wifi boosters...with out boosters I still flew 9000 meters one way and even with battery mod max distance one way would be 10000 meters.i fly into wind fly till batt hits 65% then u must turn around that gives you 35% left for return flight 30% for error fly safe
I keep forgetting to put the tablet into airplane (no pun) mode. Do you experience much distance loss if tablet wifi is on while flying?

I've seen the Phantom X video. Amazing but it seems almost too advanced like a wishful prototype but then as I think this, the technology is there to pull it off. I think it's a mock up of future direction.

This? ;-)

image.jpeg

Looks like a Phantom to me!! Hahaha

RedHotPoker

I just discovered two cracks on my P3P two days ago after it's 105th flight. Have you tried calling DJI yet? What did they say?
call DJI directly (they have a US office if you are in the US). i did. they sent me a shipping label for my cracked Phantom 3. shipping, repair, and return took just over 10 days. they do a great job with replacing the shells quickly. any repair you attempt to do could (and most likely will) end your warranty. better to have them make the repair and keep your warranty.

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
call DJI directly (they have a US office if you are in the US). i did. they sent me a shipping label for my cracked Phantom 3. shipping, repair, and return took just over 10 days. they do a great job with replacing the shells quickly. any repair you attempt to do could (and most likely will) end your warranty. better to have them make the repair and keep your warranty.
This makes sense to me. Once its out of warranty, sure do your own repairs, but perhaps by then you may want to upgrade anyway.

Cool though always look forward to advances but unfortunately with advances i think restrictions that you cannot override to come. I see drones in the news feeds everyday!

Reactions: atj24
It's not a bad thought, however I think not. If you watch long enough, they show a Phantom shape, an Osmo shape and an Inspire shape. It would be a little early to be teasing especially considering the promotion that they just started in the USA/Canada for P3's.

I think it's too early to have a P4 - those bubbles look just like a regular Phantom - and DJI have been introducing all kinds of stuff like
Improved P3 (new Remote, motors, etc.)
Lots of app upgrades
The new partnership with Flir
The Osmo
The new 4/3rd Camera....

My guess - and I will be at CES - is that they will have a newer model of the Inspire if anything. Or, they will intro the equiv. of a P3 V2.0.

It would seem silly to mess with success in the P3 line. The firmware and 3rd party apps are just starting to be fully mature and there is a long way the platform can go.

Issue for me is I have purchased SO many P3 accessories I will not start this all over. If I could sell the P3 and replace it with a P4 then I would greatly consider it, but I'm not starting from scratch.

p3 cracks just glue it and buy strong arms infinity hobby has alloy ones i use them and also uva bits has CF strong arms this does solve the problem
Would you mind telling me if these cracks are on the shell or the arm inside.
New member P3 pro
Thanks

So, do you have stress cracks? I've just found one yesterday, do you recomend stop flying? Or should i do nothing and keep flying? I isnt very big, and its only one line
Gimb
I have really enjoyed my p3 with over 300 flights no problems besides cracks gimbal issues but the light bridge flying 9000 to 10000 meters awesome
So besides Gimbal cracks, where might one look for other stress cracks. Just picked up the Phanthom 3 pro and just a back yard flight with nothing of noticeable wrong yet. If need to I'll cannibalize my vision2+

If mine cracks, I'll never buy one again. I'll got the Yuneec route or something else.
Ain't much else out there - and Yuneec is decent but I think most pilots who are used to images out of the P3 may be disappointed.
Also, if you like to fit your bird in smaller spaces that's tough with a Q500.

Some other birds will be coming out this year but likely nothing up to the tech level of the DJI stuff - they have poured a lot of resources into R&D.

I guess it's a question of which shortcomings are more or less important to each pilot. I would shudder if the image quality of my videos were much worse than the P3P.

If a person is really worried about stuff like shell cracks they can buy an extended warranty from SquareTrade - but only when you buy from B&H. I have about 80 flights on mine and haven't checked it in months...maybe I should look again. But if I have cracks I probably won't do anything about them anyway....

It's like my car. I sorta like it when it has a bunch of little dents in the side because then I don't have to worry about the next dent!

Would you mind telling me if these cracks are on the shell or the arm inside.
New member P3 pro
Thanks
The cracks start with the support towers inside once they crack the motor pod is next keep flying it and motor will separate from shell fly safe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik