DJI head honcho seems to confirm HDMI PH3 solution = Inspire remote

Reaction score
So, it's been floating around that an HDMI output board could replace the one on the PH3 controller. However, in this video, the head of DJI (I believe) seems to be confirming that HDMI output will be accomplished with the PH3 by using the Inspire 1 remote. But, then he also seems to be saying a separate firmware update will accomplish this. Have to replay several times, it sounds like maybe the firmware enables the pairing of Inspire remote, although he could mean the firmware update alone (without Inspire remote) but that seems hard to imagine how that could happen.

About 8:40sec into the video...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thoughts?

Ed and Blade have both said there will be a replacement board for the Tx that will allow HDMI out. How could a firmware update alone do it? There isn't an HDMI port.

Oh, also ground control PROBABLY for Phantom 3 (17:20 and 17:40).

Ed and Blade have both said there will be a replacement board for the Tx that will allow HDMI out. How could a firmware update alone do it? There isn't an HDMI port.

I agree without HDMI out, how could it be done?!

did he say anything about backpacks?
images_zpspxr1qnag.jpeg

sorry, I just had to!

Reactions: Fplvert
I think you don't know who Eric Cheng is.
He's not the Head Honcho. He's not the Head of DJI.
He's the Director of Aerial Imaging at DJI.

You're right. I don't know until now. I just see him as the face of DJI lately.

Yes, I've heard that there might be an additional board to install on the P3 Tx for HDMI.

I've also heard that you can pair the P3 to an Inspire Tx.

Neither of these items are readily available.

The Nvidea Shield seems to be a good solution for those who want to use goggles. So far, I'm really impressed with the Shield and I've always liked finding a work around!

Yes, I've heard that there might be an additional board to install on the P3 Tx for HDMI.

I've also heard that you can pair the P3 to an Inspire Tx.

Neither of these items are readily available.

The Nvidea Shield seems to be a good solution for those who want to use goggles. So far, I'm really impressed with the Shield and I've always liked finding a work around!

Should have my Shield Wed.

Card reader, 4K, App that works now and Hdmi out was reason I went Droid... Video out really top the list if it works!

Reactions: Fplvert
Should have my Shield Wed.

Card reader, 4K, App that works now and Hdmi out was reason I went Droid... Video out really top the list if it works!

I'm not sure about the 4K - specs say full HD and do no mention 4K. Isn't it the case that you may view a 4K video but the display is only HD?

I'm not sure about the 4K - specs say full HD and do no mention 4K. Isn't it the case that you may view a 4K video but the display is only HD?

4096 Ultra HD? I will check later on that ..Maybe the tablet is not 4K JUst fond this .....

While the Shield tablet features an 8-inch 1920x1200 pixel display, it can output 4K resolution to a television via HDMI.[2]

Well....It looks like,... it out puts to a TV @ 4K so if the P3 FVP stream is only 720 then I guess 4K Monitor is not needed.

Well....It looks like,... it out puts to a TV @ 4K so if the P3 FVP stream is only 720 then I guess 4K Monitor is not needed.

Yeah, EXCEPT if you insert the micro-sd card from the Phantom into the Shield you can output the 4k video via HDMI to a 4k display.

Unless you want to watch what you just recorded in the field.

Unless you want to watch what you just recorded in the field.

For me ...I want out put for my 12inch HDMI Monitor and for goggles.

The sd card reader is a big plus but I only have Desert and Cotton Fields to look at

I think they should have shipped it with the inspire remote but decided to de spec the remote so it had less functionallity than the inspire set up which costs over twice as much. they couldn't justify the inspire price if all that was different was a 360 camera with retractable UC. my guess is the P3+ will have the inspire remote in the box and will arrive shortly after the inspire V2 which may have upgraded full 1080pHD Lightbridge and an improved and more functions app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers