DJI has Updated P3P and P3A with New Type Motors and MCB

**** it! I just bought a p3a and now this is coming out? I do notice these motors heat up.

I wonder if I should return it and get the newer one but it feels ethically wrong. I've flown this about 7 times already. What do you guys think?
I bought mine from Jessops on September 15th. (Old motors fitted) I then found out about the new motors a week latter, I took the p3a back to the store and explained what I had found out. They opened another one in store to check and it had the new motors and new shell. So I came away with the new one. Brilliant service from Jessops.

Ordered direct from DJI back in early september and mine came with new motors.

Would you kindly tell me if the picture on your box shows the phantom facing straight or is it is sideways a bit? I'm just trying to figure out how to tell from the outside.
Could you please please post a picture of the front of the box, and also the side sticker with the model number etc on it.. U can hide your serial if you want.....perhaps the date code on the bar code sticker can give me a clue.

I've already paid a seller for a p3 pro but I've told told him to hold off on the shipping till I can ask to find out and ship the newer model.

I wonder if the date code can be decoded to find out the production date of the phantom.
I would really appreciate it.

Here you go. New motors and new shell.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445002085.934365.jpg

I spoke to two DJI suppliers here in the UK, apparently they have the new shells and new stock for the new motors is in the next couple of weeks. I'll order then.

In Amazon Spain (from Germany), just received p3a with new motors, new shell and new remote (but some issue with new remote).
Regards

In Amazon Spain (from Germany), just received p3a with new motors, new shell and new remote (but some issue with new remote).
Regards
I purchased September 28th from Amazon & Drones Ect. was the supplier (P3A), i had the new motors, new shell, new board, new remote. I am wondering, was the issue you had with the controller the phone holder? Mine would not lock in place so i could put my phone in, it stayed extended, i have already got a replacement but i am wondering if most if not all of the new controllers come with this issue, this is the only problem i found, everything else works wonderfully!

Guys, sorry but i was asking more for a P3 PRO. Its already clear that P3 Advanced are shipping with new motors for a over a month now! The confusion is about P3 proi!!!

Someone with a P3 PRO, could you please post pics of your box and side sticker where model# and bar code stuff is

Would you kindly tell me if the picture on your box shows the phantom facing straight or is it is sideways a bit? I'm just trying to figure out how to tell from the outside.
Could you please please post a picture of the front of the box, and also the side sticker with the model number etc on it.. U can hide your serial if you want.....perhaps the date code on the bar code sticker can give me a clue.

I've already paid a seller for a p3 pro but I've told told him to hold off on the shipping till I can ask to find out and ship the newer model.

I wonder if the date code can be decoded to find out the production date of the phantom.
I would really appreciate it.

Here ya go buddy. one side of the box has the P3 straight on, the other side has a slight angle.
IMG_2638.JPG

Guys, sorry but i was asking more for a P3 PRO. Its already clear that P3 Advanced are shipping with new motors for a over a month now! The confusion is about P3 proi!!!

Someone with a P3 PRO, could you please post pics of your box and side sticker where model# and bar code stuff is
I was unaware the P3P were even shipping with new motors yet, maybe ordering from DJI directly would better your chances, order over the phone or call in after your order to ensure you get a new model!

If you go to DJI's support page while in store they will decode the date code for you in a live chat, maybe an option.

hmm thanks... any idea what to make of that date code? there must be a way to find out the production date, or atleast a month from that date code?

I was unaware the P3P were even shipping with new motors yet, maybe ordering from DJI directly would better your chances, order over the phone or call in after your order to ensure you get a new model!

If you go to DJI's support page while in store they will decode the date code for you in a live chat, maybe an option.

I've already paid a seller on amazon for an exchange i.e replace my advanced for a pro...Its a long story..I've asked him to hold of shipping a pro to me until he knows thats its the newer model!!!

The seller gets shipment batches from DJI every 10 days or so. But the 40 or so pros he has in a stock, all show the old picture with the old motors on the box.. So i thought that was one way of telling whats inside. But then one guy on the DJI forum said, his had new motors even though the box showed older motors (though i've see no proof from him). This is so confusing.... Am i being ****, perhaps but i rather get the new one.. My advanced was a newer model and was perfect.. so hoping to get a new model pro also..

I've already paid a seller on amazon for an exchange i.e replace my advanced for a pro...Its a long story..I've asked him to hold of shipping a pro to me until he knows thats its the newer model!!!

The seller gets shipment batches from DJI every 10 days or so. But the 40 or so pros he has in a stock, all show the old picture with the old motors on the box.. So i thought that was one way of telling whats inside. But then one guy on the DJI forum said, his had new motors even though the box showed older motors (though i've see no proof from him). This is so confusing.... Am i being ****, perhaps but i rather get the new one.. My advanced was a newer model and was perfect.. so hoping to get a new model pro also..
My P3A was manufactured 8-14, i asked DJI & my date code is CH141910507989
Maybe take the 2nd to last number (8) & the first 2 numbers after CH (14)?

Alright so lets see if a date code on the bar code of the box tells us something?

My P3 Adv with new motors. Bought/received in early september from Amazon: CH151031075365
Above user's P3 Pro with new motors: CH312204197005

Anyone able to decypher a human readable date from that?

Do i gotta build an Enigma machine to decode this :)

Alright so lets see if a date code on the bar code of the box tells us something?

My P3 Adv with new motors. Bought/received in early september from Amazon: CH151031075365
Above user's P3 Pro with new motors: CH312204197005

Anyone able to decypher a human readable date from that?
I can confirm, for sure that the last 4 numbers of the date code would be the month, its just a matter of finding the month in those 4!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1