DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

Noticed in the P2V thread that the full gimbal control page appears to be in the assistant software (vs. just the zenmuse gimbal screen), can anyone confirm this is present in the P2 assistant too? This would mean we could use 3rd party gimbals without reverting back to v1.08 firmware.

AnselA said:
DJI Innovations said:
Here are the main updates:
a) Dynamic home point: when using a GPS-enabled mobile device and running the VISION app, the Home Point will automatically be reset to the location of the device every 2 seconds during flight.

I am not able to test this for a week or so.

Wonder if you turn mobile device's GPS off, will the Home Point "work" as before? There might be situations, when you don't want Home Point to follow your mobile device.

I'm wondering about this too. Like many others here, I often reset my home point at an altitude that will allow the aircraft to avoid copter-magnets (trees!) should a RTH be initiated. If this new feature cannot be disabled in some way it will likely lead to many more aircraft vs. tall object encounters - and we all know who wins those.

DJI Innovations said:
I'm wondering about this too. Like many others here, I often reset my home point at an altitude that will allow the aircraft to avoid copter-magnets (trees!) should a RTH be initiated. If this new feature cannot be disabled in some way it will likely lead to many more aircraft vs. tall object encounters - and we all know who wins those.

You can now set your rth altitude too.

I'd like to have seen an option for camera orientation on the groundstation ap though.

With regards to the rth height adjustment...

The press release also mentions that it is 'still available', or similar, in the Assistant s/w as well.

Huh???

[since]When?

Where?

So has anyone tested the new firmware? I think I'll upgrade and see how it goes. A little nervous but excited to get the 7th channel tilt thing working finally.

So, is it possible to upgrade to the new motors and props without selling and buying a whole new Phantom? If so, where will this upgrade option be listed?

VoicOfReason said:
So, is it possible to upgrade to the new motors and props without selling and buying a whole new Phantom? If so, where will this upgrade option be listed?

Probably like all the other upgrades. Buy the parts from a LHS or online and put them in. Props are obviously the easiest. ESCs/Motors would require some soldering.
I may just have my LHS do the soldering :)

Hmmm dynamic homepoint.

Wondering how that will work with homelock.... Can think of some interesting scenarios.

So here's a question that a lot are wondering on other sites.. where can you order the "upgraded" parts to make your current V2+, into a V2+ v2? For instance, where do I get the updated GPS? etc?

Geert said:
jaywoodz said:
So here's a question that a lot are wondering on other sites.. where can you order the "upgraded" parts to make your current V2+, into a V2+ v2? For instance, where do I get the updated GPS? etc?

See : https://store.dji.com/phantom-accessories

Geert./.

Right, but they don't have the upgraded compass, or motors. Just the new remote & props.

New LB feature :- "Use DJI Lightbridge to control your aircraft or connect the remote control to your computer via the trainer port to run a simulation application and practice your flying skills."
How does this work? anyone has an idea?

I did the firmware upgrade on my phantom and it says there is also a battery upgrade, when I went to do it, it gives me a warning to turn the camera off before proceeding, so I exited. Anyone know about this? Not sure how to turn the camera off or what they mean exactly.

I had this posted elsewhere, but I was told to post it here and the other thread was locked. Sorry.

I updated my Zenmuse H3 - 3D and now I have no video on my Black Pearl and the camera are tilted.
10532739_10152491824113546_4774038434549482028_o.jpg

1899704_10152491824088546_1427975372106536416_o.jpg

It goes up horisontal during start up, but then it stays like this.

No fix for the sat drop out :twisted:

saao said:
hey guys tried downloading the new assistant and it just crashes while opening on my mac anybody else facing the same issue?

works fine here. (using yosemite)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub