DJI H3-3D power filter board= Jello fixer

Reaction score
Hey there guys,
DJI came up with a filter for P2's (not sure if the new revised P2 had it by default) so that we can eliminate Jello with our H3-3D.
As i understand, they are giving those free of charge. This is how it looks:

And this is how to install externally...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZKGH4r6zqY[/youtube]

Or internally:

The power filter acts like a jello fixer (dont ask me how, it just does, something to do with EMI maybe?) so this is a footage without it:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n09Sv1N0AUg[/youtube]

And this is a footage WITH it (same user-also check his comments):
[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/91491097[/vimeo]

Again, from another user..

WITHOUT:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wjxeQSftsQ[/youtube]

WITH:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJpN49qjJg0[/youtube]

Awesome! Got my email from certified dealer today:

Good day...

Our records indicate that you recently purchased a DJI combo which
included the new H3-3D camera gimbal.
DJI has issued an upgrade for the Phantom 2 / H3-3D combo that improves
image quality. It consists of a small circuit board intended to block
interference. We are shipping these upgrade boards today to all our
customers who purchased the gimbal from us, with a pictorial instruction
sheet.
Please contact us after receiving the upgrade if you have any questions.

Regards..
ALL e RC
www.allerc.com

I received the same email from allerc today as well. Looking forward to getting that power filter board. Any flight risks in flying without? Or is this solely a matter of image quality?

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
I received the same email from allerc today as well. Looking forward to getting that power filter board. Any flight risks in flying without? Or is this solely a matter of image quality?

Kelly

I think it's just image quality. No reports of downed birds from not having a power filter either. I have a buddy thats been sharing his videos with me and it was disheartening the amount of jello there was. But I'm glad they're fixing free of charge.

DJI is stating the board is to fix FPV interference (which I indeed get a lot of). Specifically, horizontal lines in the output. I don't think it has anything to do with the jello, which seems to trace down to:

a) the yaw motor hitting the battery
b) the washers and anti drop pins being improperly fitted
c) a design flaw of some kind.

I only see jello when flying at full throttle, and it's subtle. Take a look at this comparison I made (which also includes the H2):

https://vimeo.com/91578759

PS These posts showing "fixed" jello with the board installed, actually still show some minor jello. You can really only see it on a large screen, but it's still there.

I think this gimbal is just prone to it.

Anticipate said:
DJI is stating the board is to fix FPV interference (which I indeed get a lot of). Specifically, horizontal lines in the output. I don't think it has anything to do with the jello, which seems to trace down to:

a) the yaw motor hitting the battery
b) the washers and anti drop pins being improperly fitted
c) a design flaw of some kind.

I only see jello when flying at full throttle, and it's subtle. Take a look at this comparison I made (which also includes the H2):

https://vimeo.com/91578759

Can you add a link to DJI's statement about the board? thanks!

So just heard from dealer: The new Phantom 2 with the larger butthole, now comes with a 5.8ghz Tx/Rx. The anti-interference board is for 5.8ghz video Tx to not interfere with the Phantom's Tx/Rx. Another downgrade is that all new Phantoms now come shipped with less power in the Tx, meaning you probably won't be able to go any further than 1000m, seriously. But..... the word is that extra little hole under your gimbal lever is the pot that dictactes the power. Pump it up full right should add in the extra juice.... hopefully.

thongbong said:
So just heard from dealer: The new Phantom 2 with the larger butthole, now comes with a 5.8ghz Tx/Rx. The anti-interference board is for 5.8ghz video Tx to not interfere with the Phantom's Tx/Rx. Another downgrade is that all new Phantoms now come shipped with less power in the Tx, meaning you probably won't be able to go any further than 1000m, seriously. But..... the word is that extra little hole under your gimbal lever is the pot that dictactes the power. Pump it up full right should add in the extra juice.... hopefully.

hmmm, when I get home I'll have to check mine out. I just got it two days ago. How can you tell between 2.4 and 5.8?

FASTFJR said:
hmmm, when I get home I'll have to check mine out. I just got it two days ago. How can you tell between 2.4 and 5.8?

not sure how you can check, the dealer told me they left the old 2.4ghz sticker on the Tx but it really is 5.8ghz. I guess kind of how some Phantom 1 units are Naza 2 but is labeled as 1? Dont know, but all this changing around, I sure hope is an upgrade and not a downgrade.

Does the 5.8ghz have anything to do with being able to use the gopro wifi? or is this still not safe?

Wow. I would be surprised if they switched to 5.8GHz on flight controls. I just received mine yesterday, and the label on the back of the radio does say 2.4GHz. Could they possibly put a 2.4GHz label on a 5.8GHz device? That doesn't smell right to me.

If the new P2 has switched frequency, my Futuba 14SG wouldn't work, right? On a call now, but will try binding them this afternoon.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Wow. I would be surprised if they switched to 5.8GHz on flight controls. I just received mine yesterday, and the label on the back of the radio does say 2.4GHz. Could they possibly put a 2.4GHz label on a 5.8GHz device? That doesn't smell right to me.

If the new P2 has switched frequency, my Futuba 14SG wouldn't work, right? On a call now, but will try binding them this afternoon.

Kelly

wouldn't be right, but thats not the first time DJI labeled something for something else. Keep us filled in, my info came from only 1 dealer so it would be good to hear from another.

Something does not make sense. The Vision came with the 5.8 and their was a little screw you could turn to give it longer range (US). Their is nothing in the manual about doing that

FASTFJR said:
Something does not make sense. The Vision came with the 5.8 and their was a little screw you could turn to give it longer range (US). Their is nothing in the manual about doing that

There won't be anything in the manual about the last potentiometer and never was, as for what that last pot on the Tx is, no one really knows what it was for until maybe now--its been there since the original P1. The dealer said, a handful of countries required LOS, so this is DJI's way of dealing with it. Considering the new 3.0 flight restrictions, I can see this happening although they won't tell you about the potentiometer on the Tx. Moving all Tx to 5.8 makes sense also, P2 and P2V can now use only 1 Tx.

But then again, nothing conclusive, just what 1 dealer has told me.

thongbong said:
wkf94025 said:

Kelly

wouldn't be right, but thats not the first time DJI labeled something for something else. Keep us filled in, my info came from only 1 dealer so it would be good to hear from another.

My Futaba 14SG bound to the new P2 without issue. Misinformation from that dealer regarding frequency change.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
thongbong said:
wkf94025 said:

Kelly

My Futaba 14SG bound to the new P2 without issue. Misinformation from that dealer regarding frequency change.

Kelly

awesome, Thanks, Kelly.

wkf94025 said:
thongbong said:
wkf94025 said:

Kelly

Kelly

My new Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D is bound to my Futaba 8FGs, I think this dealer may need to do some research before giving out poor information.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31