Dji GS Pro - P4

Reaction score
During today's flight (DJI GS Pro) while 3D mapping my iPad Mini 4 shut down. Until now this never happened(DJI GO,DJI GO 4 application, more than 60 flights).
Drone: DJI P4
Temperature: -6 C
Tablet: iPad mini 4, battery when it shut down 55% (until now never had similar problem at any other application)

After shut down drone was still performin 3D mapping mission, but I manage (due to safety) to press button on my transmitter "return to home".

Any advice what happened, is there any log file to check what cause for shut down of iPad?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I would suspect the cold temperature caused the iPad battery become exhausted, seen on my iphone when really cold outdoors. Was it fully charged before using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I'd make sure iPad is fully charged then in future every time you're using with the drone (one of my Pre flight checks), and be mindful that the iPad might shut down sooner than expected when very cold.

I am flying with an iPhone 6Plus and it got the same experience. When I fly under cold whether condidtions -6° Celcsius and colder, my iPhone battery drops from one moment to the other from 80% to 20% and little later is shuts down. I think this is normal with those type of devices.
This is what Apple website says about operating temparature:
Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair