DJI GP 4 or DJI GO APP...?

Really still the none wiser, go3 or go4, running on go 3 at the moment with no problems on my p4

Go 2.9.1. and 3.1.1. with 1.6.0 in the controller. Bird is current. Poor video quality with Go4 or 1.8.0 in the controller.

I've recently downloaded the Go4 app but have been flying with the regular Go app, can you transfer your previous flight logs, pics and videos to the Go4 app or do you just start over?

I've recently downloaded the Go4 app but have been flying with the regular Go app, can you transfer your previous flight logs, pics and videos to the Go4 app or do you just start over?
Sync your logs beforehand with Go3.x to the DJI cloud then sync again with Go4 and the flight logs will all be there. Not sure if the video cache folder on IOS is the same so you may not have access to old images.

Reactions: chopperguy
Sync your logs beforehand with Go3.x to the DJI cloud then sync again with Go4 and the flight logs will all be there. Not sure if the video cache folder on IOS is the same so you may not have access to old images.

Thank you, I'll give that a try! [emoji106]

Thanks guys, got them moved over! It didn't move pics or videos but I already downloaded them, I was more concerned with my flight logs.

Thanks guys, got them moved over! It didn't move pics or videos but I already downloaded them, I was more concerned with my flight logs.
If you look at each app from iTunes on a computer with your iPad connected there's a DJI folder called videoCache with all the 720p vids and images. You could probably move them over to the computer and then back to the other app but I didn't think it was worth the effort to experiment.

If you look at each app from iTunes on a computer with your iPad connected there's a DJI folder called videoCache with all the 720p vids and images. You could probably move them over to the computer and then back to the other app but I didn't think it was worth the effort to experiment.

Actually I figured out I could just I could import them from my phone to the Go4 app, worked slick!

I've been using Go4 since December, it's solid I've never had it crash on me. Go3 is dead, I doubt it will see an update other than bug fixes.

I've been using Go4 since December, it's solid I've never had it crash on me. Go3 is dead, I doubt it will see an update other than bug fixes.

I very new to this and didn't know about the GO4 app but I read mostly good things about it on here. Figured I'd try it out. Thanks for the help!

I reverted back to 2.9.1 . (android) With 3.1, 4, and 4.1 the map does not follow the craft and you have to manually pan the map. With 4 and 4.1 the image on my tablet was crap, it lagged and mega pixelated but the image in my goggles was not as bad but the pixels looked larger. Apart from these unacceptable conditions the bird flew fine. I decided to wait till dji gets it right. This may be a ploy to get us to consider the new crystal tablet coming out soon. It's working.:cool:

My experience is exactly the same as yours! Terrible lag and really poor signal quality,

I went back to 1.60 in the controller due to 1.80 breaking up. GO 4 was black-screening in operation on Samsung. Dunno.

Poor guys in the Inspire 2 forum had their recent firmware trash their birds with gimbal noises and some getting stuck shooting in portrait mode instead of landscape (Camera locked 90 degrees vertical.). That bird has some issues like props that don't even fit, but it's version 1 too. Version 2 may not be out until November as the Inspire runs on an annual November change pattern.

I don't know what DJI is doing with all this buggy software and firmware. Seems best to leave it alone and not bother with it. Too bad one cannot turn off all the update notifications which may trash it needing it to be sent in. Actually, they might be best to just say their stuff works ONLY with the Apple iPad Air 2 and Pro 9.7 tablets and trashcan the rest including the Android OS which doesn't even work right on the their P4 Pro+ screen that also breaks up in time. They really need to get their Q.C. up and get their software in order before coming out with another new (defective?) product, imho.

If it ain't broke when new, give DJI time and an internet connection to it and it soon will be. Sort of fix one thing, but totally break another.

I've been using the GO 4 since I got my P4 in Sept with few issues. One thing the GO 4 app does is record your screen image (along with your voice - if you select audio in the options) for your editing feature. If you use those parabolic antenna extenders you get very few pixelizations except when the bird is directly overhead and facing towards your. Must be a video antenna thing. Quite happy with the app, only thing I need to know is where, on my Android device, does it store this edited video file. Can't for the life of me find it, but it shows up in Video window.

I am on go 3, with p4 original and mavic on samsung note5
Works great so i.n going with if it ain't broke don.t fix it!

I.ve never understood people upgrading for no specific reason, especially with dji who are known to break things when upgrading firmware and software.

The other thing to consider is newer software often comes with higher hardware requirements - the djigo app is quite hardware intensive, as I found out the hard way when I tried to use it with her El cheapo tablet, In retrospect this should not have been unexpected because if you want a real time video you need a fast hardware

Really still the none wiser, go3 or go4, running on go 3 at the moment with no problems on my p4
DJIGo4 got couple new features,,sound mode for recording and find my drone option on home page...4.0.7.ac and 1.8.0.on rc works well for me,,,no more disconnects,,...go3 in now recommended for drones before p4............:)android

Hello kingkong90210.
Does the Go3 app have waypoints missions available and does the bird have to be flying to activate waypoints? Or, are you allowed to plot waypoints before you fly?

Go app. 3.0.1 , 1.6.0 remote and 1.02.0503 on a P4 , no problems...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl