DJI GP 4 or DJI GO APP...?

Reaction score
So I wasn't going to start a new thread on this because I thought it was kind of a stupid question but I asked on a previous random thread and got 2 different answers so now I am curious on what you guys are using with you Phantom 4?

Are you using the DJI GO 4 app or original DJI GO app when using the Phantom 4? What's the difference?

Actually everyone should say what drone you are using and with what app.

I would like to know as well.

There is a thread about this already, but it showed that it was official from DJI that go 4 is for Phantom 4/Phantom 4 Pro/Mavic Pro and Inspire(I don't remember which one if not both) and the Phantoms before the Phantom 4 stay with DJI Go 3xxx. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

Found it: DJI GO vs. DJI GO 4

Last edited:
I'm using DJIGO4 for my Phantom 4. :)

There is a thread about this already, but it showed that it was official from DJI that go 4 is for Phantom 4/Phantom 4 Pro/Mavic Pro and Inspire(I don't remember which one if not both) and the Phantoms before the Phantom 4 stay with DJI Go 3xxx. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

Found it: DJI GO vs. DJI GO 4
This was on the DJI forum so thats why I didn't see it but it still doesn't make sense that if DJI is saying use GO 4 with the new products but yet they have the option to hook up the P4 and Mavic to the original GO app.

Thanks for the thread. I'm still running 3.1.1 with my P4 and had thought that the DJI Go4 app was for the P4Pro and later.

AD

I am still running on the go3. What are the differences between the two? Anything worth shouting about?

I've been using Go4 for a few weeks with no problems. I only used the old app twice and I don't think I even looked at the screen for my first two flights.

This is quite confusing and unfortunately, some of the information we find in forums is conjecture or opinion only. When you load the DJI GO4 app, it very clearly states on the home page .... "Redesigned DJI GO4 for DJI Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro".

No where does it say, it's intended for use with Phantom 4 ????

msinger seems to be a knowledgeable source and he states clearly that we should use the updated DJI GO4 app for updating firmware. These two tidbits of information seem to contradict each other ??? Sure would be nice if we could reach a concensus :confused:

This is quite confusing and unfortunately, some of the information we find in forums is conjecture or opinion only. When you load the DJI GO4 app, it very clearly states on the home page .... "Redesigned DJI GO4 for DJI Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro".

No where does it say, it's intended for use with Phantom 4 ????

msinger seems to be a knowledgeable source and he states clearly that we should use the updated DJI GO4 app for updating firmware. These two tidbits of information seem to contradict each other ??? Sure would be nice if we could reach a concensus :confused:

The drop down menu on DJIGO4 has the Phantom 4 listed. It's also stated in the App Store in the description.

If you look at the apple store app titles the old app basically says P3 and down and Go4 says P4 and up.

DJI Apps on the App Store

The description states (cut and paste) .. "Capture the world from above. DJI GO 4 has been optimized for all of DJI's latest products. These include the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and Inspire 2."

Then below the description there is a link to the DJI site that also includes Phantom 4. I'm assuming that the above description intends to include the P4 when it states "all of DJI's latest products". It still isn't 100% clear and doesn't communicate the information well, but then I guess that's DJI's method of operation.

Thank you for your help and input :)

Reactions: Antonio Rodrigues
The drop down menu on DJIGO4 has the Phantom 4 listed. It's also stated in the App Store in the description.

Thank you for your help and input. Just got my P4 this afternoon and charging batteries at the moment. I'm assuming I'll be updating firmware so I just needed a little clarification with this before going down that road :)

The Android App store describes the GO4 version for the Mavic Pro and Phantom4 Pro. No where does it list P4. In the lengthy description below the details it lists the Inspire 2 but again, nothing about the P4

Last edited:
The description states (cut and paste) .. "Capture the world from above. DJI GO 4 has been optimized for all of DJI's latest products. These include the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and Inspire 2."

Then below the description there is a link to the DJI site that also includes Phantom 4. I'm assuming that the above description intends to include the P4 when it states "all of DJI's latest products". It still isn't 100% clear and doesn't communicate the information well, but then I guess that's DJI's method of operation.

Thank you for your help and input :)
The old app no longer even mentions P4. I think they may use google translate for Chinese to English :)

When I used Go3 on for my first flight I did not get prompted to update firmware. When I used Go4 the first time it walked me through updating everything (RC, Bird, Battery). Everything went smoothly but be aware you may have to do the same. If you have more than one battery it will also want to update the others as you use them, once the first set of updates are done, shut everything off put in battery number 2 and restart, rinse and repeat.

Hope that helps.

The old app no longer even mentions P4. I think they may use google translate for Chinese to English :)

When I used Go3 on for my first flight I did not get prompted to update firmware. When I used Go4 the first time it walked me through updating everything (RC, Bird, Battery). Everything went smoothly but be aware you may have to do the same. If you have more than one battery it will also want to update the others as you use them, once the first set of updates are done, shut everything off put in battery number 2 and restart, rinse and repeat.

Hope that helps.

This makes good sense and since I only have the one battery, I'm thinking (hopefully) things will go pretty smoothly. Real problem now is the freezing precip outside :(

Thank you for your help, have a great day everyone :D

I reverted back to 2.9.1 . (android) With 3.1, 4, and 4.1 the map does not follow the craft and you have to manually pan the map. With 4 and 4.1 the image on my tablet was crap, it lagged and mega pixelated but the image in my goggles was not as bad but the pixels looked larger. Apart from these unacceptable conditions the bird flew fine. I decided to wait till dji gets it right. This may be a ploy to get us to consider the new crystal tablet coming out soon. It's working.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers