DJI - GOOD Warranty Service

I actually work for an insurance company, what do your terms and conditions say, you might find that if exact matching parts are unavailable then the next closest match will be used, maybe dji don't make gold ones anymore, maybe there's a world stock shortage of gold stickers so rather than hold up your warranty claim and delivery they supplied you with 2 sets of the next best stickers which according to you dji say they aren't obliged to

I have another issue with a P2V that was sent to DJI for warranty work so I've looked at the warranty wording many times. It's _extremely_ vague (which you know who this favors... it's also a contract of adhesion). It really only states that they will repair or replace it.

Since DJI is still selling the P3 I think it's safe to assume that they still have stickers. Also, they are still repairing them under warranty so they _should_ have stock on hand.

I can understand your last few comments. I have no issue with gold ones not being included. If DJI would rather wait to see if a person complained, fine (not the best way to handle it... but fine). But if a person calls them on the replacement and wants what they sent in, I'd expect DJI to submit a request and send out some of the same stickers. No harm, no foul. In this case they try to lie about what is covered and then simply refuse to replace them.

If dji emailed you advising you your drone is ready for shipping apart from a slight issue with stickers with gold ones being on back order and no date available for new ones and could they ship with sets of the other colours, would you have actually told them to hold of shipment till such time they have gold stickers in stock..............I don't think so!
You are correct. Even if they sent an email or a note perhaps asking if they could send a different color my post would look completely different. A company _trying_ to do better is one thing. In this case they attempted to flat out lie to me about the stickers not being covered under warranty. I'd even rave about their service if they simply offered to send me stickers when they became available. However, that again was not what they did. Everyone/Every company makes mistakes. I make them pretty much every day. It's _how you handle_ the mistake that usually matters more. This should be a very simple problem that is easily corrected. Instead DJI chooses to lie about their warranty and refuses to correct the very simple problem.

While they have appeared to have sped up their repair time (from 3-4 or 6 months)... they still appear to need some additional work.

'Consequential loss' - now there's an insurance term for you

In this case that does not even come close to applying. Consequential loss would be damage to something other then the Phantom (loss wages/revenue for example). The labels are part of the Phantom.

I don't think anyone necessarily disagrees with you, per se. Just that you're blowing this way, way out of proportion. You may expect a level of perfection, which is fine to a point, but people are going to look at you a little sideways when you post a multi-paragraph, multi-post rant about how shitty DJI customer service is over stickers. Especially when overall it sounds like your warranty experience was very positive.

Also, to play devil's advocate, "stickers" are not listed as a part covered under the P3 warranty DJI - After-sales Service Policies. Granted, you didn't send it in for sticker repair, but if they had to crack open the shell, those stickers are necessarily gonna be casualties.

I don't think anyone necessarily disagrees with you, per se. Just that you're blowing this way, way out of proportion. You may expect a level of perfection, which is fine to a point, but people are going to look at you a little sideways when you post a multi-paragraph, multi-post rant about how shitty DJI customer service is over stickers. Especially when overall it sounds like your warranty experience was very positive.

Also, to play devil's advocate, "stickers" are not listed as a part covered under the P3 warranty DJI - After-sales Service Policies. Granted, you didn't send it in for sticker repair, but if they had to crack open the shell, those stickers are necessarily gonna be casualties.

You have a point and I certainly understand. I was clearly upset and still am, a little. I think it's important to hold a company accountable for their actions and I think people here should have access to this kind of information. I mentioned that the turn around time was _very_ fast for a reason.... because it _was_ very good. Part of the reason why I get upset at issues like this is because they are _SO_ easy to fix! Yet, some companies just refuse. It's the perfect opportunity to step up and easy offer some great service. But instead, they choose to piss someone off over such a small thing. My question... what does this then tell you about DJI?

So my post is just a post. People can feel free to read it, stop reading it at any point and move on. I'm thankful to anyone that takes the time to post a reply.

Edit: Stickers are included under the promise to "repair or replace" due to.... (a covered warranty). It then becomes part of the repair. In their instructions they also mention not sending in aftermarket items... nothing about removing stickers because they won't be replaced once they remove them.

Stickers?. Are you freaking serious?. I get it but stickers?. Wow dude

They are such a little thing? If so why would DJI not easily replace them when they are removed? Or at least when someone asks that they be replaced (as they should)? If I ran a business, a customer asked me to complete my work and it cost me about 5 cents... I'd JUMP at the chance to earn loyal customer.

You got replacement stickers end of story. The fact that you don't like the colors they sent means nothing. I for one removed the gold stickers from my P3P cause I don't like gold and replaced with the cobalt blue ones that came in the box. Here's an idea call up Dji and submit a warranty claim for some gold stickers and see what happens. Your value is not less cause there are no gold stickers on it and it's not 100% complete.

As far as your oil change comparison goes your not even close a likely comparison would be they did the oil change, told you it was free, but instead of putting the sticker on the drivers side of the car they put it on the passengers side.

I get that you feel that your owed gold stickers cause that's what it came with but sadly your not owed anything, (you got replacement stickers the fact you don't like the colors are irrelevant), but a fully working bird which you received. Calm down, take your bird out do some flying and relax.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You got replacement stickers end of story. The fact that you don't like the colors they sent means nothing.

Applying that same logic, if you sent in your P3P for warranty work and they sent it back with an Advanced 2.7K camera you'd be fine with that? They sent you a camera... because you don't like the resolution means nothing. Oh... it's not the _same_ camera so that makes a difference?

I for one removed the gold stickers from my P3P cause I don't like gold and replaced with the cobalt blue ones that came in the box.
Understood.... you don't like the gold stickers. Not sure what that has to do with this. Are you saying because someone does not like the gold stickers that DJI does not need to make repairs to put the Phantom in the same condition? If so... see my opening statement.

As far as your oil change comparison goes your not even close a likely comparison would be they did the oil change, told you it was free, but instead of putting the sticker on the drivers side of the car they put it on the passengers side.
I'm not sure how stickers come into your comparison.

When someone repairs something they are putting it back into the same condition it was prior to the damage. That is pretty much what "repair" means. I'll attempt to use another example that is more easily understood.....

The fender of your vehicle is defective so it needs to be replaced. You take it into the manufacture and 2 days later you pick it up. Only now your blue vehicle has a pink fender. The manufacture tells you that they did not have any blue fenders so they gave you a pink one... that is good enough. Your argument is that you should be fine with this as a fender was damaged and a fender was replaced. You further support this argument by saying, someone else likes pink more then blue so you should be just fine with pink (sounds a little odd... but it's your argument).

I get that you feel that your owed gold stickers cause that's what it came with but sadly your not owed anything, (you got replacement stickers the fact you don't like the colors are irrelevant), but a fully working bird which you received. Calm down, take your bird out do some flying and relax.

I'm pretty much relaxed now. I was never very round up over the lack of gold stickers. I was more wound up over DJI's lackadaisical attitude toward repairs. When they remove the iconic stickers from a Phantom it should be easy enough to replace them with the same iconical stickers. Just as one would expect two of the same color landing gear to be used and not one white and one pink.... with the explanation, "we were not given two white pieces so we used one in pink.... but if you want, you can pay for another white one". Or better yet.... when asked about the incorrect part, flat out _lie_ (twice) in an attempt to get around the lack of correct repair. If they will flat out lie about this... what about when they have told people damages are not covered for some reason?[/QUOTE]

They come with those color stickers in the box so they are the correct stickers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

They come with those color stickers in the box so they are the correct stickers.

I'm not sure if there is any logic in that statement. What is included in the box has nothing to do with what was removed and not correctly replaced. They are not replacing... what does not need to be replaced.

Why do they remove the stickers in the first place? Slit them at the seam and do the work. Seems easier to me.
I do understand the op complaint though. Not so much about stickers but attention to detail by DJI.
If your car goes in for warranty work and they fix it...but leave greasy finger prints on the steering wheel and body, dirt on the seat, etc.....I wouldn't be happy.

Why do they remove the stickers in the first place? Slit them at the seam and do the work. Seems easier to me.
I do understand the op complaint though. Not so much about stickers but attention to detail by DJI.
If your car goes in for warranty work and they fix it...but leave greasy finger prints on the steering wheel and body, dirt on the seat, etc.....I wouldn't be happy.

That would be a much better solution if they only needed to remove and reinstall the shell. In my case they replaced the top shell so cutting the stickers would not work.

I just have to wonder why DJI would not furnish their repair center these stickers. Is it because they want to save 5 cents on some repairs? Is it just that the person in charge forgot to send them and the repair company never said anything? Can someone think of any good reason why they would not replace the stickers with the same color?

tcdidn't post: 798224 said:
That would be a much better solution if they only needed to remove and reinstall the shell. In my case they replaced the top shell so cutting the stickers would not work.

I just have to wonder why DJI would not furnish their repair center these stickers. Is it because they want to save 5 cents on some repairs? Is it just that the person in charge forgot to send them and the repair company never said anything? Can someone think of any good reason why they would not replace the stickers with the same color?
I guess I didn't see the part about replacing the shell. Back to the car analogy. If my fender on my in warranty
car had to be replaced because of a defect...they replace the fender with correct color but without the pin stripping ....I wouldn't be happy...even if they sent a small container of paint and a cute little brush. Considering the lack of good service these days, I'd say
Let it go. Be glad if it flys well. People used to rush out to gas your car...check the oil...clean the windshield. Not anymore. Yeah...I've been around that long to know what good service is like. It was a good time .

Considering the lack of good service these days, I'd say
Let it go. Be glad if it flys well.
Agreed. I was mainly posting to let people know even though DJI's turn around time has improved (from terrible up to an acceptable level), they still don't appear to be where they need to be. I had read my own post prior to sending in my P3P, I'd remove the stickers before sending it in so that I could put them back on afterward. So I'm hoping that this might help some people make an informed choice.

So I changed the name of the title.... to reflect and update.

Toward the end of yesterday I get the following email from DJI:

I have confirmed that we do have the stickers available you requested we are sending a set of those a set of props as well a Phantom Professional name plate to you under FedEx tracking xxxxxxx. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

So not only is DJI going to mail out the gold stickers (nice) but they are also going to include an extra set of props and (?) a Professional nameplate (kudos!). If a company does not do well, I'll say something. Likewise, if they do something good I'll sing their praises. With this gesture I feel that DJI really _has_ turned their customer service around! While I have another (unrelated) issue with them, I think this follow up really goes a long way. It's set to arrive tomorrow.

VERY NICE DJI!

Reactions: Tricky
Wow.., I had a different experience. My bird returned from DJI with two new motors... Sent in for two tiny cracks came back with new shell and two new motors.. Must be a better service repair location. Didn't even notice until I looked at the invoice.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik